robca

Couple of questions on Panasonic WV-CS854 (PTZ camera)

I never got it working with pelco D, when i tried -the settings just changed the address.

-must be a knack to it -maybe on boot up ?

My mistake - It's Pelco P Not Pelco D. No real knack, just configured the switches 10000100 1111 and plugged it in.

like you all i have the same problem i have 5 cables coming out of my rs485 on my WV-CS854a and only 2 imput on my gv-net card, do i bridge the 2 t and the 2 r?

Hi- I also have two of these cameras. So your not alone.

Do you have the pin out for the two connectors? Also, I think the power is fed from the housing. Any help would be appreicated.

I just finished writing a control program for Panasonic CS854s. My DVR naturally didn't support the menu functions on these particular cameras, and I found the lack of configuration options in the ZMX program frustrating.

My program is very similar to ZMX, but with the added ability to change communication ports and settings as well as camera ID's. I also included the Auto-Focus command mentioned in a previous post in this thread, as well as a custom command option.

http://www.abel-tech.net/view_file.php?id=15

I hope someone finds some uses for it. It is still under development, and I am open to suggestions.

EDITED: URL updated on 1/11/11