libertysurveillance

zoomin in on video that has been exported w/ player

Seems that DVR's do not support zooming in on their playback when exporting a file to give to the police. I haven't found a player yet that supports this function and I had thought that Geo could do it.

I have a video that the police are interested in but exporting to an AVI doesn't allow me to zoom cause Windows Media Player doesn't have that functionality. I thought the GeoPlayback program would do this but apparently I was mistaken.

When playing back a scene, after exporting it with the particular DVR's player, I would think that I should be able to zoom in (like you can in Geo's ViewLog). But if the file has been exported, w/ a player, none of them seem to support the zoom in/out function.

Am I missing something....

You can use the backup facility in geovision, it backs up the video you choose, and also includes the player you need to view it.

The player (same as the viewlog player) allows you to zoom in on the video as you play it back...

Seems that DVR's do not support zooming in on their playback when exporting a file to give to the police. I haven't found a player yet that supports this function and I had thought that Geo could do it.

I have a video that the police are interested in but exporting to an AVI doesn't allow me to zoom cause Windows Media Player doesn't have that functionality. I thought the GeoPlayback program would do this but apparently I was mistaken.

When playing back a scene, after exporting it with the particular DVR's player, I would think that I should be able to zoom in (like you can in Geo's ViewLog). But if the file has been exported, w/ a player, none of them seem to support the zoom in/out function.

Am I missing something....

Exacq software can do that after export. Not sure about any of the others though.

This is a classic analog problem, If you were using IP cams

even the lowest res like 1mp you would have the shot you need...