RickA

H.264

Got a preview on a new standalone DVR that we are going to be testing, and this one was impressive. Has 264 compression, realtime record and playback in D-1, mouse support, IR remote, digital zoom in playback, the only thing is that this is only in 4 and 8 channel models, 16 channel is not able to do realtime. Looking forward to getting this one and putting it through it's paces, oh yeah it is networkable too.

Got a preview on a new standalone DVR that we are going to be testing, and this one was impressive. Has 264 compression, realtime record and playback in D-1, mouse support, IR remote, digital zoom in playback, the only thing is that this is only in 4 and 8 channel models, 16 channel is not able to do realtime. Looking forward to getting this one and putting it through it's paces, oh yeah it is networkable too.

Rick,

I just got a vendor in today from Seoul Korea that presented a model like this to us here at my office. I'll pm you the name of them if you want to see if it's the same dvr or not if you would like me to. But the one I'm talking about has a very eye-catching menu (blue/white/orange) and flows through the setup very easily. Also has a DVD-R built into the unit also.

Good luck with your testing unit tho,

John

Hi John, I don't know if it was the same company or not but it was a very nice menu and set up seemed to be very ez. Please send me a PM of the info if you have time, actually just getting back from a road trip this weekend, so have to get back into the groove again.

Hi John, I don't know if it was the same company or not but it was a very nice menu and set up seemed to be very ez. Please send me a PM of the info if you have time, actually just getting back from a road trip this weekend, so have to get back into the groove again.

PM will be on the way!

They sound like exactly what I am looking for please PM with info and pricing. What quality of picture settings are available and effects on recording speed and recording ratios

Thanks,

Gesualdo

Sorry guys just not available yet, as soon as they ship us the test dvr I will have more info, as of now have to wait for this to roll off the assembly line. There is no pricing available yet, but I will post more as soon as I have the info.

At last, finally have this dvr on my test bench, have had it running for almost three weeks with a 500 GB hdd sata, motion, highest settings for quality, 30fps, D1, has about two more weeks before it will start to rewrite, backup is fairly ez. Looks good so far.