noobiee

Need help with AVC760 for internet viewing

Sorry if this has posted before, but i need some serious help.

I bought a avc760 and 4 cameras for my shop.

Now my objective is to watch the video through internet AT home with my laptop. Which means streaming 'live' video through the internet.

The avc760 lan port is connected to my SHOP's router cum modem, D-link DSL-2640T.

And router is connected to 1 PC, and i have internet access for my shop.

For my home, i am using 2wire 1800hg modem cum router and will change to 2wire 2700 soon.

Please teach me step by step solution on how to get it done, i am a complete noob on this

In the shop, i can see the 4 cameras through my pc too by typing the default ip of the avc760 which is 168.192.1.10 into my PC IE browser.

Thanks for all the help

Sounds like you are almost half way there...

Your next hurdle is setting "port forwarding" on your shop router. Here is a tutorial:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3287

Here is another good reference:

http://scorpiontheater.com/cpcamtechsupport.aspx

Keep in mind that what you are trying to do is somewhat advanced networking for a noobie. You can do it, but you probably won't get a step by step answer here unless someone happens to be familiar with your specific router. Have you tried calling d-link tech support? They may walk you through it...

It's a 5 minute job once you know how to do it. But it could be a 5 hour job to figure out if you are not familiar with computer networking.

Thanks bro, really appreciate that.

So now i have to portforward for my shop router and thats all?

by default the avc760 is port 80. so i just need to portforward port 80 and allow dmz for the avc760?

if thats the case, what should i type in the ie browser AT HOME?

Yes, set port forwarding on the router at the shop. You can use DMZ for the DVR but it isn't the best way to do it. So one or the other, but you don't need both.

Sometimes if I am having problems with setting up remote access I will just put the DVR in the DMZ for quick testing. Once I confirm it works in the DMZ I take it out of the DMZ and play with the port forwarding until I figure out the problem.

To access the DVR using IE just type in the Public IP address of your router.

example: http://74.208.58.188

Yes, set port forwarding on the router at the shop. You can use DMZ for the DVR but it isn't the best way to do it. So one or the other, but you don't need both.

Sometimes if I am having problems with setting up remote access I will just put the DVR in the DMZ for quick testing. Once I confirm it works in the DMZ I take it out of the DMZ and play with the port forwarding until I figure out the problem.

To access the DVR using IE just type in the Public IP address of your router.

example: http://74.208.58.188

2 Wires's quit tricky. Depending on the firmware, you might need to use dhcp instead of giving your dvr a static ip. Else the port forwarding will not work. We done quite a bit on 2wire gateway.

And also don't forget the DDNS if you are on dynamic plan.

Depending on where you are located and bought the 2wire modem, it might or might not have ddns client turned on. In which case you'll have to use a computer for it.

The AVC760, could never get the ddns client to work consistently. Some batches works, some batches doesn't.

If you really need steps by steps instruction, i would suggest u engage professional to do it for you. There's no exact steps by steps when it comes to network setup. EVeryone's network setup's different.

e.g.

1. What's your router ip ? 2Wire's default is 192.168.1.254

2. What IP in your network's used if you intent to set it as static. No 2 system in the same network can be of same ip.

3. If DHCP, what's the ip that's assigned to the DVR.

4. If DHCP, go to advance in your 2wire gateway to configure it such that the dhcp server always assign same ip to your dvr.

5. Setup the port forwarding.

6. Assign the port forwarding setting to your dvr.

7. Does your ISP block any ports ? if so, which are the ports they block ? ANd then reassign the dvr port to other ports.

8. Are you on dynamic ip or static ip plan ?

9. If dynamic, set up the ddns clients, register for a ddns account.

10. Are you on any family proxy filter plan where the isp filter your content for you ? if so, you might have to remove that plan else isp will block everything.

Too many unknown variables. All instructions are just as a guideline. Steps by steps ? I dun think there's a way for setup, unless everyone's on the same isp plan, using exactly same equipments with same firmware (else the web configuration page for the router also different, some call port forwarding PAT, NAPT, VIRTUAL SERVER, etc).

But anyway, good luck.

bump

So it's not working? Did you set port forwarding and type the shop router's public IP address into your web browser at home?

Man i am clueless.

i have created a dyndns acc, keyed the username password and host name into my router already.

but when i type in the hostname XXX.xxx . org into my browser it links to my router instead!

in my dvr network settings

network type : static

dns : 182.168.001.001

port :0095

inside static,

ip : 192.168.001.010

gateway : 192.168.001.001

netmask : 255.255.255.000

192.168.1.1 is my router ip.

192.168.1.10 is my dvr ip.

did i do something wrong?

i have portforwarded 95 into 192.168.1.10

Inside IP work ? You are halfway there.

Now for your dyndns account.

Some router does not translate that properly internally.

And especially when your router is also using port 80 for the web setup.

You have to test it from another computer connected to the internet vie another internet connection. Not connected through your lan.

If can, then bascially you had done it. If cannot, then have to troubleshoot again.

If can, that means internally you'll have to use lan ip. Then externally you'll have to use dyndns host.

That's all.

P/s: ya.. 2wire gateway doesn't do translation from local domain name to internal lan ip. AFAIK, speedtouch, dlink, linksys newer model does. Other brand not too sure.

hey bro, care to help me test?

because i am from singapore too, really hope you can pm me your msn address. i have been doing this **** for the past 3 hours.

hey bro, care to help me test?

because i am from singapore too, really hope you can pm me your msn address. i have been doing this **** for the past 3 hours.

Why not ask the ppl whom you bought for for help ? I am sure they'll help you with it.

Thanks for the help, i finally did it after going to the shop i bought it from and ask the technicans.

anyway the video viewed over the internet is too laggy..

regretted subsribing to 3mbps singnet in singapore

I don't know a lot about how it affects CCTV performance (I'm a noob myself) but 3mbps in general is pretty good. Your problem may be with your upload speed. At least over here most ISP's throttle back the upload speed significantly over the download speed. For example I'm getting 7mbps down but "only" 800 or so up. Since all your images have to go in the "up" direction that could be what's going on. Maybe talk to your ISP about bumping your up speed, they probably can't/won't but it's worth asking.

man now i got the problem again.

ytd i can view it through the internet

today i can't!!!

may i know why?

is it because my plan is dynamic ?

the cctv dvr and router is on at the shop already.

how come i can't

man now i got the problem again.

ytd i can view it through the internet

today i can't!!!

may i know why?

is it because my plan is dynamic ?

the cctv dvr and router is on at the shop already.

how come i can't

DDNS. You got it setuped ? Also, AVC760's internet viewing speed's like this.

is this your setup ?

modem ---> router ----> dvr

if yes. you must set your dvr to static ip.

for example:

ip address is 192.168.1.10

port is 80

then on the router :

router ip is 192.168.1.1

set the DDNS on the Basic setup. first you must sign up on dyndns . com and create an account with them and create a hostname.

for ex. xxx . dyndns . org

set the port forwarding setup on the router

ip address of the dvr should be included in the list and the port. for this example it is 192.168.1.10 and port 80.

then it will work on dynamic ip.