CottyGee

Best Recorded Playback Under $500?

Let's say you have a budget for a DVR of max $500. Assuming the right cameras, cabling, etc. - what DVR would you buy and why if your only concern was the quality of the recorded image for evidence/identification purposes? Nothing else matters as much as the quality of the image.

• question.gif

Well... since the only 2 requirement's

1. Budget of $500

2. Only concern was the quality of the recorded image.

You should consider these type

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMR-EZ28K-1080p-Upconverting-Recorder/dp/B0014F7Z94/

Only $229.99. Record in High Defination format.

Comes with DVD Burner.

Record at REAL Time.

How much higher quality can you get ?

Well, okay. Got me there.

How 'bout 4 channels, and ability to record on motion detect, and hold say 10 hrs of motion detect content at maybe 7.5 frames/sec.

LOL - take that machine, hook it up to a hard drive and give it the ability to record time-lapse and do motion detect, and that just might do it.

My vote goes for the Avermedia 1304 + Net, i have setup and been around quite a few high end Panasonic and GE DVRs and this DVR shows a playback that is identical to the live view almost as good as the high end stuff. However to take advantage of this quality you must setup the Avermedia at the Best record Settings and use a VGA monitor, computer monitor. And at $397 its a bargain, 4 channel DVR.