bobw

internet explorer

I can log in to my AVC box remotely using the remote software but I suddenly can't access it through internet explorer (I could before)

It's the same on different machines.

I've looked at all the settings til I'm blue in the face.

The address is definitley right - with colon followed by the port number - indeed, it's the same as the one in the server software.

I've tried clearing the cache, turning off the firewall, checked all the settings in the router twice over. I'm just mystified and the other person with access is experiencing the same at her house.

Any suggestions?

Have you power cycled the DVR and router? I have routers lock up all the time. It can have weird issues like allowing some traffic to pass while blocking other traffic. Or maybe the web server crashed in the DVR?

Also I would run a port scan. hopefully your ISP didn't have a rule change and block ports...

It's a static address. There's only the dvr box connected.

As I said, I can view it OK at home as long as I use the video server software. It just won't show up on Internet Explorer.

I've re-booted everything.

The reason I need to view through IE is so that I can access the router remotely as well as the dvr box . . .

It's a static address. There's only the dvr box connected.

As I said, I can view it OK at home as long as I use the video server software. It just won't show up on Internet Explorer.

I've re-booted everything.

The reason I need to view through IE is so that I can access the router remotely as well as the dvr box . . .

Home (Video Web Server) - Ok

Home (IE) - Not Ok.

Internet (Video Web Server) - ?

Internet (IE) - ?

The address is definitley right - with colon followed by the port number - indeed, it's the same as the one in the server software.

I'm sorry for you,,,

But pls try to use the address that has no colon followed by the port number when you use software to access, i.e. you use www.tmvideo.meibu.com but you don't use www.tmvideo.meibu.com:88 in your software.

Yes, you must IE access by www.tmvideo.meibu.com:88

Just try it. Good luck to you...

I'm sorry for you,,,

But pls try to use the address that has no colon followed by the port number when you use software to access, i.e. you use www.tmvideo.meibu.com but you don't use www.tmvideo.meibu.com:88 in your software.

Yes, you must IE access by www.tmvideo.meibu.com:88

Just try it. Good luck to you...

I haven't updated IE or changed any settings. I checked them all three times over.

It must be port forwarding OK otherwise, I wouldn't receive the pictures via the video server software.

My business partner gets exactly the same at her house. She can access via software but not IE so the fault must be at the sending end (I.E. router or DVR box)

I haven't updated IE or changed any settings. I checked them all three times over.

It must be port forwarding OK otherwise, I wouldn't receive the pictures via the video server software.

My business partner gets exactly the same at her house. She can access via software but not IE so the fault must be at the sending end (I.E. router or DVR box)

Provide the following info.

Home (Video Web Server) - Ok

Home (IE) - Not Ok.

Internet (Video Web Server) - ?

Internet (IE) - ?

Probably router setup, maybe a firewall concerning IE access or port forwarding for the IP address.

Hopefully it is not the DVR. I have an AVC 760 that is quirky to say the least...

When I click the camera 1-4 button to view a single camera the DVR seems to randomly pick which camera to display. In other words, if I click the button to view camera 1 it may decide to display camera 4!

I haven't checked for a firmware update. I am thinking about defaulting the DVR though.