grinthock

In-expensive NVR for the Home User

I have a few AIC250's and a few analog camera's currently connected to Analog to Network adapters here at home, so I can "see" everything - now I want to record based on motion.

Can someone here recommend something that's inexpensive? (less than $200) right now i'm uploading the images to my local server but it eats an insane amount of space, and it's unmanageable.... I saw the free NICEVision but it only works with AXIS cameras....

Any thoughts would be great, thanks.

not sure what you consider "inexpensive" but the cheapest thing that I found to work is Active WebCam. There are other cheapie programs but I haven't tried them, such as BlueIris (never tried).

Active Webcam is a bit buggy but for a cheapie piece of s/w it works ok. Support is not very good, but they do come out with new versions. It actually has better features than many of the other programs I tried that were more costly.

I have it working with Axis 207, 221, and Panasonic CL-30 no problem.

Overall it works pretty good, I have had a few issues with it, but for the money there isn't anything I know that works better.

The motion detection works pretty good, but the frame rates seems to max out at about 8FPS and I can't get it faster. So for this reason, I am actually moving to Visec.

Visec isn't as cheap but still low cost, and it works a lot more efficiently, I get almost 20+FPS on a regular PC w/XP.

I have a few AIC250's and a few analog camera's currently connected to Analog to Network adapters here at home, so I can "see" everything - now I want to record based on motion.

Can someone here recommend something that's inexpensive? (less than $200) right now i'm uploading the images to my local server but it eats an insane amount of space, and it's unmanageable.... I saw the free NICEVision but it only works with AXIS cameras....

Any thoughts would be great, thanks.

Where can I download a free version of NICEVision? What's the name of it? Is that working well?

Regards, Dove

Free NICEVision? NICE makes some very expensive gear, and I've never heard of anything of theirs that is free. I'm interested in hearing about where you saw this.