grinthock

Aver DVR card? or Aver Standalone?

i'm building a small system with 3 cameras for use in a home. I'm trying to device between 3 solutions

1) IP Camera based setup, but NVR software is for some reason quite expensive

2) Aver EB1304NET standalone box

3) Aver NV3000 in a PC

The problem is - my understanding is the NV3000 card will require a simply massive PC, Core 2 or better. I could easily buy 2 EB1304's for that...

As for camera's I have 1 IP camera now, and a few analog cam's but i'm replacing them - so what I have for camera's at this point -- is moot.

I am also interested in the software that comes with the NV3000 and NV5000, is it any good? This may make my purchase easier because if the software is decent it saves me from purchasing other software. The IP Camera's I have are AI250's and they are not on the NV5000 support list, is this because they are a cheap - untested camera or because they will not work...

How does the NV5000 get images from an IP Camera? Does it sit there and listen to the stream? Or does the camera drop files on the HDD and the software constantly monitors them...

For the NV3000 card a decent P4 or better with 1Gb of ram will be ok, 2GB better. You can use that with IP Cameras too. And you can stack them. I have one that I purchased to test out before ordering a wack of the 6480 express cards. It was only used for a couple days. You can have it for $100. PM if interested. Still has warranty.

I have the Eb1304 .. cant record IP cameras but with the activeX browser control you can add IP cameras to that and view them along with the DVRs cameras .. not bad