AnD

AVC760 Video Server E recording -> converting to avi blac

Hi

I have an AVC760 DVR and when I record video with Video Server E then the DVR will store it on my computer. If I open that recorded file then a program is starting and playing the recorded video but when I click on the "AVI" button to convert it to *.avi and I play that avi file after te conversion the only thing I see is a black screen.

Do I need to install a "special" coded ?

Thanks in advance...

Hi AnD,

I have a similar issue like yours. I am trying to convert VSE file to AVI using the AVI converter button in the Video Server E player. The VSE file I have is an audio visual file and on conversion from VSE to AVI it returns only the video data and not audio. Did you have the same problem too? and did you use some other way of conversion? Any information in this regard will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Malika

I do not know what situation you may have in regards to the video coming up black.

It appears that you are able to connect remotely, and that you do not have any router or port issues.

My guess is that there is an issue with your computer.

Have you tried other computers?

Take a look at your internet option ADVANCED TABS and see if there is anything that may prevent your video from playing.

Unfortunatly that is only my guess though.

You should not need to add any other programs to make it work.

I do not record audio and I do not have enough advice to help you with that.

Did you say that you had the audio prior to converting it to AVI?

Hi AnD,

I have a similar issue like yours. I am trying to convert VSE file to AVI using the AVI converter button in the Video Server E player. The VSE file I have is an audio visual file and on conversion from VSE to AVI it returns only the video data and not audio. Did you have the same problem too? and did you use some other way of conversion? Any information in this regard will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Malika

I still have the same problem.

I start Video Server E and then for example I push the record button after I logged in. Then I push again on that button to stop recording and I see the *.vse file on my Desktop.

When I open it, I can play it (fast forward, backwards etc.), and then I can push on the Avi (avi convert) button to convert it. If I do that it will convert and I see an *.avi file on my desktop. If I play it with a media player then the only thing I see is black, but I imported it in Ulead Videostudio 11 and then I see an image so it's probably the player.

Now that is interesting.

I do not know if this can be done, but later after 5 pm or so I can try to take just the viewer, and "zip it" and see if I can email it to you.

I do not know if you could delete the player, and then add the "new" one to the file or not??

Do you have the disk that came with the DVR?

What do you think?

Hi Scorpion,

Thanks for replying. I do have audio before conversion to avi format. Is there some other way of converting audio visual VSE file to AVI format? or some other feature in the player which I am missing out?

Hi AnD

Thanks for your reply, but I dont have any problem with converting the frames from VSE format to AVI, but the problem is with the audio. I have no audio at all after conversion into AVI.

So, did you say that you imported the AVI file in Ulead for playing the video? And, did you have audio along with the images in the original file format?

Sorry for the late reply, but I did some more testing.

I have also a mic connected to my dvr and I hear no audio when I play a recorded video in Ulead videostudio and also in Windows media player.

My default player is VLC player and it wasn't working with it so I tried Windows Media player and that's working.

Hi AnD,

The video data I have is pre recorded for my project in the VSE file format with audio included. And I am converting it to AVI format using the Video Player E by clicking the AVI button on the interface. After the file is converted, no matter which player I use I am not getting the audio.

So, I guess the AVI converter in the Video player E is not converting the audio at all. It is just converting the video frames from VSE to AVI.

Were u able to convert the VSE file into AVI with the audio?

Hey Scorpion,

I tried the VLC player and it plays the VSE file but again there is no audio.

So, there is no audio if I play the original file with any other player expect Video Server E and also no audio when I convert it to AVI.

Does anyone has an idea why this would be happening?