crazythunder

recommendations

ic realtime 8 channel is out of my price range. and not looking for jpeg2000. but thank you for the suggestions. i'm looking for 8 channels at 1000 bucks, max.

ic realtime 8 channel is out of my price range. and not looking for jpeg2000. but thank you for the suggestions. i'm looking for 8 channels at 1000 bucks, max.

Crazythunder, a shock name

You can get a good dvr at your buget from another channel, that's from the original manufacturer.

[quote name=

Crazythunder' date=' a shock name

You can get a good dvr at your buget from another channel, that's from the original manufacturer.

[/quote]

what channel are you referring to?? what is wrong with any of the 3 choices i've narrowed it down to?

ha, I've not had time to refer to the 3 companies, ,,

the channel I mean is a original manufacturer, like us.

I have send you a PM, pls check your PM box for my information.

Nice to receive your reply. Here is 22:37 in China, what's your time now? and which state are you at?

Regards,,,

My vote is for the Intellicam H.264 unit.

I have had no complaints about these units and they are easy to access via internet explorer.

If you are getting a machine for the retail enviroment I would suggest getting it with the CD or DVD burner, as most PDs seem to like the ability to have crime scene evidence in their possesion.

Also as securitymonster suggested the Argus JPEG2000 units are excellent, I use one here, the remote playback (through the internet) is very slow but the archived video is of good quality. (local playback is swift and good)

The decision is yours, good luck and please post with what you purchased and your end results...

i just deposited my check this morning, probably take a couple days to clear. i was leaning towards the intellicam myself, seeing as how hdd is included. the only thing i really liked more about the sarto dvr from safemart was the gprs cell phone viewing. i'd love to be at work and be able to check out my cams now and then, albeit on a 2x1 1\2 screen,lol. i guess i'll have to settle for motion detect images sent to my mail, which i can view from my windows smartphone. i'd kill for a phone that could run activex. it'll probably be over a week by the time i order it, receive it, set it up and tinker with it. maybe closer to 2 weeks, but i'll definitely post my results. thanks for all the input. i still got a day or two before i order, so if anyone can point me to a better model in that price range, i'm all ears. but believe me, i'm a fanatic when it comes to my toys. google welcomes me when i search,lol. i've been researching for weeks in anticipation of my refund. but you pro's out here might know of a "secret" model i haven't seen yet. thanks again.

i found a dvr that i think might be better than the intellicam dvr for a little more money. i like that this one has embedded linux tell me if you think this is DEFINITELY a better choice. free shipping and 3 year warranty,30 day money back. [edit by mod-sorry guys no store links allowed]

ha, I've not had time to refer to the 3 companies, ,,

the channel I mean is a original manufacturer, like us.

I have send you a PM, pls check your PM box for my information.

Nice to receive your reply. Here is 22:37 in China, what's your time now? and which state are you at?

Regards,,,

Hi Jasmile .. sorry to beat a dead horse but please read this link:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9805

Hi crazythunder,

Your link to the embedded Linux unit was removed from your post. Could you please tell me the name of the unit so I can find out more info?

Anyone know whether the embedded Linux DVRs allow ssh or telnet access to set up samba sharing of the recorded files on my home network?

Thanks!

if you put DM-ProView-1209 into google, it'll take you to the store that sells it. i actually purchased it yesterday. probably won't get it for a week or so seeing as how i went for the free ups ground shipping.

if you put DM-ProView-1209 into google, it'll take you to the store that sells it. i actually purchased it yesterday. probably won't get it for a week or so seeing as how i went for the free ups ground shipping.

That only comes up with one result under Google that is a dead link. You have any more info? Or could you PM me the site?

Thanks

here are the specs on the dvr i purchased--

9 Channel StandAlone Security DVR with 4 Channel Audio Input, 270Fps Real Time Display, PTZ Control, 250GB HD, CD-RW, MPEG 4Compression

Secure Embedded Linux Operating System

Powerful MPEG-4 Hardware Compression Algorithm

Web Server Built-in and Client.

Simultaneous live viewing, record, playback, backup and multiple user network viewing

Send Video & Audio over the Internet

Supports variable video outputs at the same time TV-Out, Video-Out, S-Video, Loop-Out, Spot-Out

Auto-detection on Video NTSC/PAL format

Archive on CD-RW, DVD-RW and USB Memory

Easy system S/W update on Setup menu

Multi-Language selectable

Fully authenticated by Watermarking software

Supports PIP(Picture in Picture) & POP(Picture on Picture)

Maximum of 4 HDD can be installed (w/o ODD)

Full remote System Access, Search, Backup, PTZ Control via LAN and xDSL

Simultaneously monitors & controls multiple remote DVRs and remote Monitoring via Web Browser