simo923

Best Dome/PTZ for Geovision System

Hi guys. I need a rather quick answer on this one.

Does anyone have any preferences on which Dome cameras to use with Geovision systems. I have not had much luck finding out how many cameras 1 GV-NET card would support. I beleive the documentation states 16. I need fully compatible cameras, with the switching capability to let me assign upto 16 addresses for the cameras.

I need full PTZ functions. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hi! Yes you can use 16 PTZ on each GV-Net/GV-system also, the Geovision company have a neigbhour that manufacture Speed Dome cameras that are very well integrated into the GV-system protocol. The Dynacolor Inc http://www.dynacolor.com.tw have a range of Speed Dome and I am very satisfied with the Speed Domes which also can ba hybrid Speed Domes analogue with IP module.

Also they have a office in USA.

Hope this helps a bit!

Hi guys. I need a rather quick answer on this one.

Does anyone have any preferences on which Dome cameras to use with Geovision systems. I have not had much luck finding out how many cameras 1 GV-NET card would support. I beleive the documentation states 16. I need fully compatible cameras, with the switching capability to let me assign upto 16 addresses for the cameras.

I need full PTZ functions. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Excellent. Thanks for the clarifcation on the GV-Net, should have fun hooking it all up. 26 cameras in total just for PTZ with 4 servers.

That camera looked like it would do the business, as long as i can set the addresses upto 16.

I will let you all know how this system goes when i finish it.

The camera can have up to 256 adresses or was it 255, well I never gotten so far!

JD

Excellent. Thanks for the clarifcation on the GV-Net, should have fun hooking it all up. 26 cameras in total just for PTZ with 4 servers.

That camera looked like it would do the business, as long as i can set the addresses upto 16.

I will let you all know how this system goes when i finish it.