antivirus6613

GV 800 constant loop

I have a GV800 that I just installed onto a P4 2.4ghz, 1gb ram and 750gb hard drive. I am going to update the computer but first wanted to test the geovision out.

It seems that after about 4-5-6 minutes the program closes and then opens again ( and prompts for password). It basically turns off and then on after 5 minutes.

Anybody experience the same problem or have a solution?

I got my card from a dealer in my area. I got 2 cards and 2 motherboards. I installed one card fine and now try to install second.

Is this what happens with fake card? How do I tell if my card is faked?

check if the card has a sticker of GV on the chip instead of embedded logo on the . If you got the fancy box and fancy manuals its probably legit.

the best would be if you could post a high res image of the card and people here can tell you if it's fake or not. We have an authorized dealer here who sells fake cards too under the table so you never know...

Ok, will do its in my computer so I will have to take it out. There are 2 microcontrollers on it, atmegas or something that say GV800 and 16 Port SP respectively.

It came with a manual that was thick and looked very legit but the box I don't know. I took it out and put it into another so don't remember the old one.

The card looked real ( I don't really know how to distinguish however) because it had the conexsat chips and I had to install 8 drivers ( A, B, C, D video and audio).

Will post pic later on today.

check if the card has a sticker of GV on the chip instead of embedded logo on the . If you got the fancy box and fancy manuals its probably legit.

the best would be if you could post a high res image of the card and people here can tell you if it's fake or not. We have an authorized dealer here who sells fake cards too under the table so you never know...

Actually it`s not so easy to identify which is fake according to the GV Logo on the chip,because the sticker can also be put on the chip by factorys.

Anyway,i`m sure 99% GV cards from mainland china are not real one.

give one suggestion,if the cards come with a pure white or color box without GV logo,it`s possibly not real GV.cards from GV company always has their logo on the outter box.