G22

HD for AverMedia EB1304 NET

Anyone use an Seagate beyond the 250GB Seagate HD (ST3250820A) that AverMedia recommends? ie. 320GB or 500GB.

I have never had luck with WD or Maxtor in the PC world (at least 5 or 6 died in WS computers in the office)

I have also never liked the Hitachi 'clicking' noise (which I know can be disabled with the Hitachi tools - on a PC that is).

Emailed Aver and they never answered my question re the above. They just said they have had best results with Hitachi.

Also, anyone ever split that Molex connector and connect to a baby fan to fit in the rear corner?

tx

using WD's in this one .. they say there is a 750GB limit. Its just a regular IDE so dont see why the brand would make a difference.

The person I got this from had a small fan added to it, but I removed it and left it default. Might have to put one in, will see. It does get rather hot during the day .. but then it is really hot outside anyway. If it starts to lock up ... then fan it is .. maybe .. but really doubt the small fan does much anyway.

Tx.

Just noticed that this DVR will only record at 15fps or so if D1 is selected. It will only record at 30fps if CIF is selected.

I am only using 1 camera so far and figured it would record @ 30fps if D1 was enabled. Is this common to most DVR's?

Doesnt have Smart Recording like more expensive ones .. make sure only 1 camera is enabled. I made a couple recommendations to Avermedia R&D but was specifically about Masking, Users, and Remote Video Related. Also they may not ever implement those recommendations at the cost of the current DVR.

ive got the 500gb. its at 14% since feb 20. at normal settings, cif. 10hrs a day at restaurant.. 4cams. now if only i could get the usb backup to work

What type of device are you using for the USB backup? Thumb drive or hard drive? Either way make sure it is formatted in FAT32 NOT NTFS as the DVR will not recognize that (probably because it's Linux based). If your using a hard drive make sure that it doesn't need supplemental power to run it (especially a 5.25 disk), the port (although it runs mine fine) may not be able to power it.

Hope I helped!!