Dipmap Issues

Have many of you noticed that the DDns servers go down often? It seems like the dipmap ddns service is often not working and then customers can't access their system. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have been having minor issues for a few months, but since Fri afternoon I have not been able to connect to any sites using dipmap. Unfortunately I am glad to hear others having the same issue, thought it was my VISTA laptop that I have been trying to get the 8.2 software on causing the issues.

Considering the Geovision is one of the larger card sellers in the world, having DDNS services down for several days at a time is a major issue, especially when the address os a VSM server uses the dipmap.

Andy, get on it

I use the DynDns and their client updaters on over 30 DVR's and can say they work flawlessly.

DynDns = Two Thumbs up!

Dipmap is/was down again. Andy, why is this service always going down? Our phone rings 10-20 times when it does and we have a lot of unhappy customers. Fixing it should be a priority for Geovision.

It's been down for days and all my customers are connected to a VSM server via the dipmap service and NONE can connect because the dipmap is down. Andy, please contact Geovision and get this fixed ASAP. This should be working! I don't mean to be rude but this causes my phone to ring 20 or 30 times in the morning, and that isn't much fun to tell people it's down.

Edited by Guest

It's been down all day and all my customers are connected toa VSM server via the dipmap service and NONE can connect. Andy, please contact Geovision and get this fixed. This should be working!

Works from the Bahamas:

http://geovision.dipmap.com/

Whats happenning is the service doesn't work. So when you even try and ping the address (yourname.dipmap.com), it comes back as "could not find host" even when the system is online and it says the dipmap is updated.

FYI....This is NOT the case for all address, there are some that still work, but the majority don't, they come back invalid.

Edited by Guest

Ahhh .. I never used it because the first couple times I tried it it would not connect or setup a new account .. so I just went with DynDns.org from thereon.

Ya, I had the same problem, but the old ddns service I was using was going down too often and I assumed that a company like Geovision would ensure their ddns service was running all the time.... guess I was wrong.

Dear All,

We were doing the maintanence for DDNS recently....

Sorry for the inconvenience....

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support, GeoVision Inc , Taiwan

+886-2-8797-8377 with extension 287

Does anyone know if this issue is going to be resolved soon?

This is absurd.

I almost bought a new router thinking mine was on the blink - with the random 20+ minute drop outs in connectivity. Then all of a sudden - nothing for several days.

For those of you that use the DynDns - is this easy to set up?

Any pointers?

TIA

Andy, any progress? Still a LOT of customers down. Please let us know.

Will this application work with older GV systems?

Or just ver 8.2?

Thanks!

Yes, it works with older version of GeoVision...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Hi Andy, does this mean ALL existing systems need to load this new version of DDNS? Is there any hope of this being fixed?

Hi Andy, does this mean ALL existing systems need to load this new version of DDNS? Is there any hope of this being fixed?

Nah.... not all the existing system need to load the new version of DDNS....only the DVR has the problem with DDNS might try the FTP link I sent you guys last week...

>> Is there any hope of this being fixed?

I am afraid of not...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen