sinbad

Installer monitor that's worth the money?

I tried a couple china made crap, both disappointed me. I was able to see the camera direction but for final focusing the PC LCD was 200 times better.

does any manf. out there makes a small LCD that worth the $$$?

I'll pay for a pelco one if it actually do what I need

Tom If you want a multi purpose tool i'd say get the rapport 330 i think it is, i am using it and very nice picture, the only problem i have with it and i had to take it back to my distributor was something to do with a charging problem but take a look very nice picture, I still carry an 8 inch LCD ( car lcd ) with me too, as the batteries in the rapport would crap out, I hope i have better news next week reguarding this problem from the manufactor. My distributer says no one had this problem before....

You cannot properly focus a CCTV camera with an LCD monitor.

You either need a focus meter, or use a CCTV CRT Monitor or TV.

I agree with Rory!

If you want one for trouble shooting, or camera aiming, then I recommend this one.

[edit by mod-store link removed]

Let me describe the abuse this has taken!!

I have fried the internal 12volt power system!! It will no longer recharge the AA rechargable batteries! I now have to insert regular batteries for operation. I have dropped it from a 6 footer a couple of times.

What I like about it is that I can take a bundle of unterminated wires that have a video signal, and I can shove in the center lead in to the bnc input, and press the braid against the ground to get a video signal. I know this sounds strange, but last week I had a 16 channel system that was cut by an employee, and I had to quickly get this system up, and going. I was able to separate the working cameras out of the bundle, and what was left was old cameras that were broken, or they were part of the loop out that went to another area. Once I got "something" going I was able to take my time locating the loop out wires, and what was left were the out of order cameras.

If it was not for the monitor I would have been toning wires all day!

I agree with that i am also using a camera master 1 but i to aim it & trouble shooting you need a lcd...

I agree with that i am also using a camera master 1 but i to aim it & trouble shooting you need a lcd...

I get by with a 9" BW CCTV Monitor .. also get a great focus with it.

I bought the camera master 1 new, it is a good focusing tool but i am waiting till someone make a tool which will tell you the peak ......None that i know gives you that you just have to play with it till you think you reached the high mark, and when they make one that tells you the peak then i will buy a new one.....