G22

Auto-Focus Lenses

New to this area... but was wondering (short of getting an actual PTZ) if I can use my Panasonic WV-CU360C system controller to change focus settings (has 'near/far' and 'auto' focus options) on a lens with say a Panasonic WV-CP484 cam? If so, what lens(es) should I be looking at?

I hate manually focusing outside with no monitor or any other tools at present. Reminds me of adjusting a Satellite TV connection by myself going back and forth a dozen times.

I also noticed the 360C (along w/Panasonic WJ-MP204C Data MUX) can change the iris setting in this Panasonic WV-CW474AS dome cam I currently have, as well as Electronic Zoom among other things via PS-DATA ('up the coax' or whatever the term is). Kinda neat.

Thanks for the software link. I don't think that is what I need though, as I already have the Panasonic system controller keyboard (WV-CU360C) and Data MUX (WJ-MP204C).

The combo above allows PTZ control and access to the Panasonic cam setup menus via PS-DATA / 'up the coax' w/o using the small menu buttons on the cam itself. I can already control (open/close) the iris and use the Electronic Zoom on this Panasonic WV-CW474AS dome cam for example.

What I want to be able to do is manually focus the lens remotely (not via the web however - remotely as 'in the house' 40ft away), and zoom if possible... using the WV-CU360C controller. I also want the option to press the auto-focus button(s) on the WV-CU360C controller. The cam will prob be as mentioned... a fixed Panasonic WV-CP484.

All I need is an auto-focus lens? Panasonic lens?

Thx.