kujo999

Q-See Dome Camera? Is it crap?

I just got a QD360 Q-See dome camera. It looks like it's built OK, but what do I know?

I installed it yesterday and I am getting a really lousy picture. Of course, the "manual" doesn't tell what the settings are and how to use them.

There are three rings:

1. Focal length

2. Focus

3. One saying Open and Close, I am clueless about what this does.

Is this kind of a standard (the three rings)? Perhaps that way I can find out how to properly adjust the camera instead of just guessing.

Finally, are these cameras any good. I am looking for a dome camera that is small and unobtrusive (like this one), and has a great picture, at least 480~500 lines. See great in the dark.

Is there a particular manufacturer I should be looking at. I don't want to break the bank, but I don't want crap either.

#1 the three rings on the lens are focus, tele/wide angle, and iris adjustment, so this is not an Auto iris camera. #2 I agree with the rest "It's crap" #3 Several of the cameras carried by dealers on this forum are better and I am sure some of them will post recommendation's

Typical CCTV lenses are set up thus:

Ring closest to the camera body is focal length (wide/tele); may also be marked with W and T.

Center "open/close" (or O and C) ring (if applicable) is manual iris.

Ring farthest from camera body, or sometimes the entire end of the ring barrel, is focus, often labeled Near and Far.

There are variations, of course... a lot of Panasonic auto-iris, fixed-length lenses I see, for example, don't have any adjustments on the lens itself. Since fixed-focal lenses don't have a zoom function, and the iris is controlled by the camera, the only thing left is focus, and these lenses rely on you using the camera's backfocus ring to adjust that (so instead of actually adjusting the lens, you're adjusting the position of the camera's sensor).

I have been experimenting with cams from Vissior. (Available from seller lammensco on Ebay). The XR 340 and XR 350 are really good IR cameras for a cheap price. Will try and enclose a snapshot from my driveway. The cameras have been in operation for 3 months now, without a problem.

080509T203118.jpg.1fe82fb7b6ebd939117ed4b68e8fa67f.jpg

and looking at the date, I just realized that I REALLY need to change the internal battery on my DVR. I just upgraded to 500 gig and should of remembered when I had it open...My bad..

do you have a pic of how yours in mounted. i didnt know they were that big.. lol my colors off a little but what do you expect.