Sign in to follow this  
digerati

GE DVMRe rebooting

I have the DVR wired via ethernet and set to a reserved DHCP IP Address. WaveStudio is running on three computers at the same time. After an hour of working the computers will lose connection to the DVR. Then everytime we try to access via WaveStudio the DVR reboots. The LAN is on a run of the mill netgear router. Any one have any ideas?

I have the DVR wired via ethernet and set to a reserved DHCP IP Address. WaveStudio is running on three computers at the same time. After an hour of working the computers will lose connection to the DVR. Then everytime we try to access via WaveStudio the DVR reboots. The LAN is on a run of the mill netgear router. Any one have any ideas?

Is this a new problem that you started encounting now or is a pre-existing problem for a while?

I do not think the problem has any merit with the network connection. Sounds like that either your power supply is going bad or more likely your hard drive(s). How old is the system? If it under warranty, you can have it repaired at no cost... Providing that if your power supply is good, then you an change the hard drives without any problems... All you have to do afterwords is to make sure that you add specific software that resides on the drive (it is a very simple addition)...