VT

DynDNS stuff

Gents. & Ms .

I'm new to this forum , but have felt great reading ,so many good to great posts from the Master's.

Myself I'm a Master Tech Trainer , and am taking IT stuff , MSD (second from the bottom level ) , (Sh!t/Head ) also..so doing CCTV comes normal to me.

I have got an account (free) with DynDNS for uploading my DVR signal so i may pick up via mobile Panny Tuffbook.

Any help or things to look forward to do the best way before i leave the base Ranch and won't be able to do till Nov 2008 , When i get back.

Hold nothing back . TIA

VT

OK folks , i have been trying / playing on the DynDNS site , as per (cory's , scorpion's posts) But i'm a little lost here, I have GOT THE Router kinda setup , but I need to know if i get an IP from DynDNS first to set the router to forward port to that IP or the other way around ?

Next question is On DynDNS , what and where do you go the get the proper stuff.

TIA

VT

Edited by Guest

Well MY system is a samsung SMT-190DN 8 dvr with a d-link DI-604 Router.

Im on a extreme high speed modem (costs more per month is all i see)

I have reset the router so many times , that i hope the button won't break

I do have range over the system inside the LAN.

Got the router back to basics so i can be here again ..

I have an DynDNS login and have tried to add a DYN Hostname, but the Web page has changed since your posting shot. Do you let the Dyn Use auto detected IP address and install yours ? and if so then where do you see the IP they supply.

Still looking but having fun .

VT

Edited by Guest

I use static ip and I do not use DYNDNS. I truley cannot help you.

We can wait till someone comes along, and maybe they can help.

Well just trying is a good feeling also. No Worries , will get it resolved , And yes i can say DUH after the fact , Been there B4. I'm sure someone will pipe up.

I have a few other manuals i could send, Not in english but the same model.

I noticed that your screen shots had Asian on them .

Let me know and i don't mind a bit.

VT

Edit 4 poor spelling.

Enter the DynDNS account name and password inside the DSL-604T modem/router, under "Dynamic DNS" in the main menu. If your router doesn't have this option, you need later firmware.

Do not use any DDNS (dynamic dns) feature present inside the DVR. Set the DVR for a static IP, in my case I used 10.1.2.3 as it's outside the router's DHCP range. The net mask is 255.0.0.0 and the gateway is 10.1.1.1

In the modem/router, under Advanced, Virtual Server select the same DVR IP you set (above) in the scroll list and under Servers "add" Web Server. (This assumes your DVR is accessed over port 80, if not "add" a new application and enter the required ports, both the same.) Reboot router as directed.

Now you can reach your DVR from the internet by entering your DynDNS hostname.

Kiwi , Mate ,,

Thanks ill try that and I have done a Firmware update ,If the Dlink is not up to speed i have linksys ones and Asus , to try .

It is the Bug with me about the DynDNS IP stuff that Im having , and trying to get one also , Because the Page Sorpian posted has changed , and im kinda stuck there..

No worries , Im back at the ranch and will press on again..

Bought some super fancy cam for night vision( So the Salesman said) , Just plug it in here up in the bush / backcountry , Naw another long wind expell.

VT.

Night Vision camera is poor.

What i have a bug with on this DynDNS is : i get an IP from them port forward my router to there IP with my port # ive opened for my DVR and then for me to view on the WAN i would log onto my DynDNS account and view the IP that they issued and that would have a link to My IP that has open ports from My DVR. ???

yes or am i wrong.