Chengo

AVTECH AVC760 email notification

Yep, see my ISP's SMTP server, as well as Yahoo's SBC Global, and others, accept the sender name without a domain .. but it seems yours does not. That could be the issue, if AvTech are using it like I did in my software also. Its been a while since I messed with SMTP myself, so cant go into any real detail at this time. Maybe see if there is another SMTP server you could use, try it with that program and see if it works.

I registered with GMX.COM and using their smtp I started to receive emails with snapshots from my DVR.

Thank you everybody for your help.

Chengo

Hi,

The chances are.. you are having the same problem as I had. I tried using my smtp server which in my case is... mail.btinternet.com. However, this didn't work so instead of using that, I 'resolved' 'mail.btinternet.com' to '217.146.188.192' instead. I then put this in the 'server' fill-in box.

Try googling your required IP address by entering your smtp server and then the words 'DNS resolve'. You will likely find it easy enough.

Mine works fine now.

You are a genius!

I would like someone, especilly chengy, to help me with thmy e0mail notification setup. I have tried everything! Including what you all have done. I need someone to take me through step by step in detail. Please. this is a function that I absolutely need to work. This security system isnt a toy for me. I need it. But it was all I could afford. Can someplease help me with email ntification.

If it helps, I am trying to use gmx email.

I too would liek to know your settings. I have a AVTech with (now) a .gmx mail account. Any help on the settings would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

I too would liek to know your settings. I have a AVTech with (now) a .gmx mail account. Any help on the settings would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

John, helpme,

First thing you'll need to collect is:

a. What e-mail service do you use, and what is its outgoing smtp mail server?

SMTP Wiki

SMTP Server List Link

b. You'll need to know your user name and password.

We'll take it to the next step then. It's quite easy! In fact, if I'm not mistaken, there is a step-by-step in this forum. It takes about 5 mins to configure your AVC760.

Anyway, find your information... and we'll go from there.

Odd Ballz