hello...

got a question...on the picture below, can i cut the 12volt plug to expose the wires and extend it using maybe 22gauge wire?....

thanks in advance

pic.JPG.1c6fa164ed7f2f65bbe84aad58355ddc.JPG

Sure, or buy the matching plug from Radio Shack for a neater job. Or, a twisted pair balun with both matching plugs and then you'll have a real pro effort!

yeah, i went to radio shack today and didnt have what i was looking for....i figured if cutting the 12volt plug and connecting the power wire to it w/wire nut i can save a few bucks...just had to make sure if it would still work if i cut it off....

I would extend the side that has the plug (12v end) - not the side that has the socket (camera end). Messing with the camera will else void the warranty, if you care about that sort of thing.

Really, if it was me I'd make an extender using a matching socket and plug. No sense cutting up perfectly good stuff. Try digi-key for the parts.

Something similar to this: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=CP-024A-ND

81580_1.jpg

Why not use something of this sort?

3.5mm plug on one end and two open wires on the other!

I'd get these that way you don't have to cut... cutting = touchy subject with some companies.

Thanks,

John