XXX

Best Pricepoint DVR w/ excellenct POS support?

I'm looking for a standalone DVR that good POS functions. It needs to have remote viewing as well. I want a price point DVR that I can make into a demo unit using a Pelican case and flat panel monitor.

Any suggestions?

Whats 'price point', 'Pelican Case'?

1 channel, 4 channel, more?

I know the Kalatels Have great POS features. Im sure DM must have it also.

Remember this is generally the stand alone DVR forum though incase you are referring to a PC system...

Rory

Whats 'price point', 'Pelican Case'?

1 channel, 4 channel, more?

I know the Kalatels Have great POS features. Im sure DM must have it also.

Remember this is generally the stand alone DVR forum though incase you are referring to a PC system...

Rory

Pelican cases are a hard case with foam that you can basically drive a truck over. I want to make a demo unit that my sales guys can take onsite to show a client. I'm not reffering to a PC based unit. I want a standalone that I can house in the case. Don't want it to be pc based. I'm looking for something of less $$$ than Kalatel or DM. Something for small mom and pop shops to get them a system.

Sorry, I'm looking for a four channel for the demo unit but whatever line of DVR I end up using I want it to have capacity for up to at least 12.

Oh okay. No you wont find any that have great Point of sale, dont think any of them have it actually.

Can look at the Everfocus 16 channel, or the HiSharp 16 Channel though ... just never thought of using them for that application.

Rory

Forget that, neither the HiSharp nor the Everfocus have POS. Just checked their specs.

Rory

Forget that, neither the HiSharp nor the Everfocus have POS. Just checked their specs.

Rory

Thanks for checking. I have a surveillance company. Does HiSharp have a distributor in the US?

I only know the ones in South Florida, if you are interested?

There may be some in your area though.

Rory

Pos watch pro, is a standalone

Thanks DVR, where can I get more specs on this unit?

You might want to check i3dvr. I have sold their POS DVR's with very good success. What I liked about their POS opposed to others is the fact that we can install the DVR's and connect one cable from the DVR to the register. No power losses will disrupt the time date sync between the two. We used to use the AVE black boxes with some other POS systems and this is a problem we had.

Also the POS search is one the best I have seen. Its very detailed, and you can search for tons of different criteria. It brings up thumbnails, you click on the thumbnail and the clip plays. Its that easy for the customer, powerful too. Not cheap though. It probably a little more than Kalatel but in my opinion, well worth it. I forgot to mention, remote POS search and playback works pretty good too.

Remember for POS especially, you get what you pay for. We already have the setup with the Pelican case as you mentioned with the i3DVR unit.

All the power, and camera cords fit inside a pocket. And we have four color bullet cameras, as well as a 15" LCD monitor. So when we pull up, we can do a 4-camera demo with POS rather quickly.

For regular DVR situations, there are many others that will do the same for alot less. But if you need POS, in my opinion, this is the best one out there right now.

I'm not a rep, just a dealer passin along info...... Check it out i3dvr.com

Currently it is the Kodicom compression boards yes. They are one of the best out there right now. But it'sSDK that i3dvr has written their own software that makes it a winner. Remember for regular DVR use I would probably use the Kodicom unit or others.

But for POS I would use no other, and I have tried many.

GNS will be releasing POS at the end of February or early March to be added to our Kodicom DVR product line. It is expected to be comparible to other Kodicom POS systems, however it will be more affordable than others.

www.gnsdvr.com