HalOfBorg

Digital Sprite2 DVD Archive info needed

We recently upgraded from a VCR to a DS2. I have used it's 'COPY' function to burn video to a disk.

It plays fine on our WindowsXP machine, but not on our Windows 2000 ones.

I know a bit about video encoding, but nothing I have can tell me squat about the video files on the disk. Must be a proprietary system. I have emailed DM, but the only reply so far was to ask what Iwas using to view the video on the XP machine, so I assume there IS another way to do it.

1) What are the system requirements for PC playback? I must haveto install something on our 2K machines, like SWF or something.

2) Is there a way to save the video to CD/DVD in a more standard format? Or transcode the video on the disk itself?

We do NOT have the DS2 connected to our local LAN, as all the router plugs are in use. That COULD be changed if it would improve something.

I would hook up a laptop to the DVR using a cross over cable, and make the settings needed to view the DVR.

Bring up the viewer on your laptop, and right click on the camera that you are viewing, and select save AVI. This can be done with recorded history as well.

Let me know if this works!

alanjh1965

Your the Man!

Cheers Scorpion, That has put a smile on my face after a long and dusty Friday on a first fix building site

I think I am going to ask DM if I can go on their payroll !