wisp_engineer

Bosch Flexidome or GE Ultraview

Hey all, I am looking at using a WDR camera for the inside of a house. I'd like to know everyones opinion about the Bosch Flexidome WDR's and the GE Ultraview WDR's. The GE's are less expensive than the Bosch, but I do not think there is going to be any quality issues there, is that correct?

Hey all, I am looking at using a WDR camera for the inside of a house. I'd like to know everyones opinion about the Bosch Flexidome WDR's and the GE Ultraview WDR's. The GE's are less expensive than the Bosch, but I do not think there is going to be any quality issues there, is that correct?

Well, I will beg different... GE WDR models are not as good as Bosch counterpart... You will see picture quality differences. Bosch is easier to program and calibrate vs. GE version.

Besides, Bosch provides full (3) years warranty with 24 hours replacement availability. Even though GE offers the same 3 years warranty, but I will not say the same about their repair/replacement program. Bosch tech support is much more knowledgeable vs. GE, which uses services available outside of the country dependent when you call...

From my past experience, if I had the choice between these models, I will go with Bosch hand down with no worries...

Any reasons why you want to use WDR technology camera indoors?

Well that sums it up. The Bosch is only 190 dollars more than the GE....

I think it is beans, considering the house is $500K....

I am looking at using WDR's because of the huge picture windows in the rooms I am looking over. The camera is going in the kitchen in a corner. There is a large picture window that has a lot of light coming in.... The camera must be able to look at the kitchen appliances, as well as see what is coming in and out of the front door which is 50 feet away. In the front room (where the front door is) there are large picture windows on the front of the house and the back of the house where the light comes in.

I guess I could say I am not 100% sure as to when to specify a WDR camera, except that I know they are needed in areas where bright sunlight can enter the FOV that one needs to look at.

Might want to look at the Panasonic instead. tried and proven in the WDR area.

Thanks Rory, I will dig up the information today on the Samsungs.

What all is involved when it comes to programming the WDR cams? I take it that they are not as simple to install?