wisp_engineer

Camera to watch entrance/exit of subdivision

I'm looking at putting a camera in to watch the entrance/exit of a subdivision. The customer was thinking LPR would be nice but the price tag for that is too much for them to eat. They now would just like to see type of vehicle and time of day it passed by.

There is zero illumination at this entrance. I'm probably going to have to say put in some illumination or quote an IR illuminator.

Nighttime views are important so this system must be able to deal with headlights/taillights blinding the camera.

The camera distance to the choke point is about 200 feet or so, and 40 feet wide. I think 5-50mm VF lens is good.

I know from reading things and common sense, that a high shutter rate on the camera is required as well as best compression and everything like that, on the DVR to be able to deal with the high-speed vehicles.

Should I use a WDR or TDN for this job? How about trying to overcome the problem of blindness due to bright vehicle lights?

Why in the world would the cams be 200 feet out?

In my installs I use 4 cams per shack in the middle of the entrance. 2 are BW bullets on the plates and 2 are decent day/night boxes for overview.

I don't have plates on the front so I am lucky in that I don't have to deal with headlights at all.

The main building (clubhouse) is where their existing DVR is. I was thinking of putting the camera on this building. There is a small center island at the entrance/exit that has some decorative trees and bushes and what not. I could put it there but it'd be possibly difficut to trench out the cable.

I was thinking just on the building, and zoomed towards the entrance.