simo923

Controlling multiple cameras on GV Net Card

Ok, i have yet to try this as i only have 1 PTZ camera but i will soon have 30. I am just trying to work out what will happen before i go and buy them.

My setup - 2 Servers running GV 1480 and GV Net each.

15 PTZ Cams on one and 15 on the other, connected to 1480 and GV Net.

5 Workstations, all running CMS.

Questions-

Can more than 1 workstation control any camera at the same time

(i,e op 1 controlling cam 1 on server 1, op2 controlling cam 2 on server 1 (GV Net sending commands to 2 cams at the same time))

If a workstation is controlling a cam, what happens if another workstation goes to control the same cam (is there a heirarchial structure or is it first come first served)

If anyone has had any experience with similar situations id love to hear about it.

Thanks guys.

Dear Simo923,

Basically, it is first come first serve.

Which workstation gains control first will have priority to control the camera.

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 extension 287

Excellent. Thanks. Eventually decided on the Sunkwang S200 running Pelco protocol so hopefully 30 of them will be ok.

I'm now getting nearer and nearer to the final installation time at the client premises with this large setup. Still not having much luck finding a good work around though for viewing all 64 cams at the same time and being able to control the ptz and listen to the audio.

I have found a way which suits very well when there is motion. Using the VMD system i can view all 64 cams on one screen, control the PTZ of each one and listen to audio. Great. Only if there is motion on the screen though. Is there anyway to hack/set the VMD system to think that there is motion on every cam?

Thanks again andy, your replies always help

Yeah, i am using control center but unfortunately it will not allow you to listen to audio. Plus i just realised, VMD will only let you view upto 36. Bugger, a situation that could so easily be resolved had it been thought of during the software build.

Dear Simo923,

No audio for Control Center? What version of Control Center did you use?

Is your DVR's audio working all right locally before connecting to Control Center?

Regarding to VMD, you can view up to 36 channels.

The users have an option to flip to the next page for viewing more cameras.

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 extension 287

There is audio in control centre but not integrated into one system. In control centre i can see all 64 cameras up and running. Now how do i use PTZ and listen to the audio? I have to go to the camera indivdually running under the host and select Live View. I cannot do it as i do with VMD and just right click on the current image and Live View.

I get the same, no way of getting audio on the matrix view, only on individual live view.

Also, on the control center remote DVR you cant seem to use the live object index or search object index, a nice feature, but it only seems to be accesible from the main geo pc...

fully agree: not being able to use index search is a MAJOR miss in functionality (only DVR): that feature saves a lot of time and should be available remote (remote view, control center).