prsmith777

reccommedations for a high quality stealth ptz on roof

I am moving to a new house and would like to try my first ptz. I have a budget of up to 3k. I need it to be stealth as the neighborhood rulebook is larger than our phonebook and would like to put it in recessed surface mount on the top of a pyramid roof. see pic..

With the camera being basically upside down like this, am I going to run into problems? I figure I need 240 degrees to cover the grounds.

I need high zoom factor with excellent low light but no IR and I need excellent auto tracking. No need for fast ptz. I live in the south so Im not sure I need any special housing....in fact Id like to use a smoked glass to hide it.

Any thoughts guys and gals?

Untitled.jpg.1cd255326491b34f6565f8db8e37d5d6.jpg

You can not see your own grond, becourse your roof in in the way.

You can see the rest of the aeria. Nice house by the way

I would go for some fixed cams covering the area around the house, with if needed a ptz for fun.

If you just have a ptz then chances are it will not be looking in the right place when something happens.... Autotracking wont be any good if its looking the wrong way...

use mini 10X PTZ's vice fixed..one on each corner of your house. they are small and cheaper and you'll have the ability to change your field of view anytime you wish.

motion tracking? too much "stuff" for your setup. whata protecting? for fun is not really the answer.......makes no sense.

and yep, if you go with one expensive PTZ up top you'll have very restricted views of people & things happening at ground level. ie. you'll most likely have great pictures of tops of heads or nice summer hats/ball caps.

consider outdoor audio also. audio brings the other unknown into the "picture" and manytimes fills the evidence gap......thieves talk!

Hey ,

Sorry for the editing of your picture with my great MSpaint skills but here goes. I'd say one or two ptz's in these chosen locations would be better than your said location due to the fact that you won't catch much ground level just like everyone said. I think one of the below would be best in my opinion...

Maybe 2 ptz's because you can get 2 for under $3,000 with a controller.

Check these out...

83844_1.jpg

Thanks,

John