frostydeeps

Lorex SG6080 Weatherproof Camera Questions

I brought eight of these on Amazon for $22 before they sold out. I plugged it directly into my TV and the quality is terrible. It did say on the box that it can be plugged into the tv. Problem is that it is not sharp.

So did i just buy bad cameras? or will it look better if i plug it into a dvr card?

Any advice of what i should look for next time?

Lorex are notoriously bad quality cameras..If you are looking for a better quality picture, try something with a Sony CCD chip in it. Plugging it in to a DVR card won't help much, especially if they are not digital cameras to begin with. But then, (not to be mean of course) what did you expect for $22 each ? Ebay can be a decent place for "starter cameras", plus there are a lot of very good vendors on this board. Not to plug....But.cctv imports is a good place to start as are many others..

Did not know that... well now i do.

I am buying trial units, like 3-4 of a brand to test. See if i like.

Would need around 100 if they work good for me and the bulk price is good. eBay is not the best palce i found, way too many things from china that they claim are original...

I will check that site out though... thanks.

I brought eight of these on Amazon for $22 before they sold out. I plugged it directly into my TV and the quality is terrible. It did say on the box that it can be plugged into the tv. Problem is that it is not sharp.

So did i just buy bad cameras? or will it look better if i plug it into a dvr card?

Any advice of what i should look for next time?

Stay away from any brand of cmos camera. Lorex is no better or worse than any of the other marketing big brands out there. You'll pay more for the brand name and you'll get less.

I'd say any new camera for $22. will be junk.

If you need good night time viewing? You can get a used high rez b&w box cam with lens for around $20. off Ebay.

Don't forget to buy a lens, an enclosure, and a mounting bracket.

At that price I would not expect much out of the box camera either.