MetzLyov

New WebSite

Hey everyone,

Great forum!

Need to have some feedback for our new website. The members of this forum having so much intellegence and eye for a good websites, that I'd like some information on what you think. Your opinions will count!

This site is competely home grown having (2) of our engineers over 6 months to build it... I wil take any critisizm or any feedback! We published it little over 2 weeks ago and so far, it has been like a mad house with over 82 orders...

Please help me to give some solid feedback. As I said, I can take any form of critisizm, negative or positive!

Thanks,

Levon

Info page did not display any data?. Displayed products all look the same and when I read to see what the differences were it was not obvious to me what those differences were compared to the obvious price changes. Also, nice if the data was available on the first mouse click and not embedded deeper beyond the first click. No Support link? See ya! I won't even think about buying if the support link is missing. And when you do get it up and running, answer the phone. Good support is hard to find but once someone finds it the word spreads quickly. Take out "CCTV" from the catagories........needless info....sucks up space that you could use to increase the font size (us old guys can't read the fine print..ha ha ha) I like the photo's and the checkout links. I always wanted a WEB page to have a special access for me, the installer, where the prices are lowered for me. Verify the business and lock in a installer and his friends and you will always have business. Closing; clean up the catagories and get to the point. If I have to drill down to figure out what the differences are and the spec's, I get bored quick.

Hey Guys.

Thanks so far for the feedback... Mind you that this is up and running only 2 weeks and it helps tremendously when we have more eyes to look at it...

I am old enough to take any criticism and I appreciate your candidness… We are working on having this site to have (2) type of customers – dealers and end-users. Obviously, we do not have the dealer section ready yet…

Anyway, I greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Levon

VST_MAN,

Great feedback… You hit the nail in the head when you brought up the subject regarding to “contact the companyâ€

a secure "private" discussion room is a great place for your deals to discuss things you don't want the public worring about. On-line help should be the same for both the customer and dealer; but, your customers are your #1 priority and the dealers will appreciate it also.

Search engines?? It's been awhile since I wrote a WEB page but I think you are off base on your statement of having the text visable so that the search engines can "find you". And think about this; are you more concerned about someone find a crappy WEB page than finding a great functional WEB page?

In it's early stages the WEB was What You See Is What You Get. Today it is the best deal and best support becasue there are thousands of Comapnies out there just like you. If you can provide those things that others neglect, the customers will return and will tell others about you. Don't waste time looking like everyone else. Deliver what everyone wants. Great prices and great support. I represent the customer who is holding me responsible to know my stuff. If I don't beat the competition I will be collecting food stamps.

actually only google is really concerned about what is on the page, though others are starting it, but it has more to do with page ranking than that when it comes to google. Then for google if you really want to appear up high, only sure way is ad words.

For others, their is Overture.

Google screwed up with that page ranking thing, as all you have to do is set up tens or hundreds of geocities web sites, and link to them all from each other!

Rory

VST_MAN,

Show me a site that you like. May be I do not follow the difference between crappy site vs. functional site. I just want to understand your opinion on what is a functional site, what are its relevance and why it is more functional for you.

The main engineer working on this site is ex-Google employee/designer. The first preliminary results are very promissing, as all the major search engines are coming back daily and keep indexing the site. More indexing increases exposure and easier to be found. We already have 3 functional sites that are doing extremely well, however this site is complete home grown using several major tools that are not easy to master.

I am not defending, rather observing comments and I appreciate them all.

Thanks,

Rory,

We have been using Overture and Adwords for quite long time. All paid advertising does is generating "paid" traffic, which is fine only if someone has a lot of cash to burn, i.e. 123cctv.com. However, our statistics show that over 90% of our visitors find us through non-paid search, rather paid search.

We fully understand Google page ranking. In order for Google to index your site and keep coming back to re-index that suppose to be every 30 days, they are looking for several very important design points - non-repeat of the same exact keywords, matching of the title tags vs. picture names vs. content. This is only very important aspect of their overall "search criteria" that they are looking for.

FYI, Google, Msn, Yahoo and few other majors are keep coming back every other day, which to us is very unusual, thus raises a question: Why? Is it because we are following their rules, or somehow they see something that they like or there is something else we do not understand?

By the way, what is your favorite website?

Again, thank you for taking your time to give me a feedback, regardless if it is positive or negative and I appreciate it greatly from everyone who participated.

Levon

edit just read your above email.

Rory

PS. Still working on a CCTV job, will have to look over that thing when im done, but I will contact you about it, thanks.

dont know, but to start with you need some meta keywords and description for other search engines like MSN,

Rory,

I am not a web designer, rather know enouph to be dangerious. I have a very good team of experts in the company that know their stuff. Considerting few facts, i.e. this site was published 2 weeks ago, receives an average of 4000 visitors per day, already generated 82 various orders, regarless that is working on the similar platform as Yahoo (FreeBSD 64Bit OS), ZEON based servers, Search engine friendly application (OSCommerce), etc. tells me that we may have something. I understand that we have more work to do and this is given.

Setting things up in Geocities does not contribute to sale. It may contribute to page rank, but it does not mean anything if customers are not visiting the site and placing orders. Rather, we are playing by their rules without any deviations and modifying as we go forward.

What is important that there is a good and bad feedback, which we are addressing and belive me, this is as good as it gets. Afterall, without honost feedback, who will put us in check? I have few hundred of my friends from all over the world via Internet that are giving us much needed feedback and they all contributed to our cause and that is appreciated.

Thanks,

When you say Favourite web site, depends on what content you are meaning?

For Real Estate, the one im making right now, loaded with features, super fast as loads from cache, and a good business design.

For Yellow pages, see link in my sig

For a forum, why this one ofcourse!

If you mean CCTV, not sure as i generally dont shop online. But the ones I have browsed in the 'past', have never impressed me. Spytown is a pain and doesnt have enough details or images most of the time, or missing prices. SAme with 123securityproducts.com, and others are just too expensive, as im normally online looking for examples of dealer prices. But thats me

For a shop to work well, for me, I want to get to the product Im looking for, as soon as I can, and thats where a good internal search engine comes in. Also must be able to browse by brand, and type of product, from one page, such as a drop down. The more products on one page the better, small, not a long page though, less detail, just a title and price, and then if it interests me Ill click for more details. Basically the less pop ups and less navigation needed to get to the product of choice, is what I want in a web site. You've pretty much got all that on your site.

Design, i like a good design also, but getting the info, for me personally, is more important, though a good design is important for most others.

For a first time user, the CCTV in front of the product categories on the left on your site is slightly confusing, or it takes a little longer to find what is what. After the first visit though you know to look past the CCTV word and then its okay.

Home page, for Retail clients anyway, for Pros it doesnt matter, but Id have hot/recommended products from different categories, instead of all the same.

Rory

Uhm, first, the font is wrong, second centralize the items, and third, it showldn't be italic.

I sent a test msg in. As a consumer I want to know when your going to contact me? I'd also put a section that requires a phone and time to call back. It would be nice if you gave a estimated reply time. But, if I need support now,ie. I'm on0site and waiting on you, this WEB page does nothing for me. Sure I'll wait. No way. There has to be a way to seperate the urgent from the laters. If I have a question that can wait I would wait. But, I'd like to have a choice before I submit a msg via WEB.

ps....Does this send a reply via Email stating that you received it? If so, that's where you might put a note that tells me; Company has receiveed your tech support request. Please expect to receive a call during the times you requested. If this request requires an immediate response please call 1-800-"great service" to speak with support technician now.

Keep at it, you'll have a better product in the end. I'd also like to be added to your list of dealers when you get there.

Herm,

What font do you like? We made it italic to make it more visible and eye catching... This is a standard font...

Levon

Kerry,

I have seen your e-mail and was replied... Looks like you e-mail was received on 7:26AM... Dependent when you requested and when you called, we are there and will reply. We are located in Southern Californa and operating hours are from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM... If we get requests before and after this time line, we reply the next work day.

Great observations again... I concure with some of the requests. Early February, we already planning to have (2) shifts (8) hours each. As for immediate response, we should have "Live Chat" available in the next few days, which should also state (with your recommendation) to call 1-800 ... to speak someone immediately.... For automated response to state that we received the e-mail and will get back to you shortly - that is a very simple process and I will pass on to our designers...

Just got your e-mail and responded....