cctech

Geovision vs Kodicom

I'd say Kodicom.

I have used their DVR boards with K-Engine compression. The image quality is out of this world; even better (if not equal) than those produced by H264 hardware codec boards.

Even though I haven't dealt with Geovision DVR cards, I doubt it would beat Kodicom.

I'd say Kodicom.

Even though I haven't dealt with Geovision DVR cards, I doubt it would beat Kodicom.

Wow very good unbiased opinion.

Very observant, how can you judge which is better when you have not tried all of the choices?

Exactly. I haven't dealt with any of the 2 brands before but have heard good reviews for both. K-engine compression? Still new to me. You might want to share some screen captures or images made by this compression.

certainly would write about Kodicom....

1. PC / card based Diginet system

2. Linux based KSR system...

till 2 yrs back ..when client use to ask upto cool 4 x 80 GB hard drives...

KSR s where fine .....but suddenly they upgrade there firmwares...and here all problem start... they now supports 4 x 500 Gb..but just useless!!!

about Diginet...ya ! i always have good experience with the product... only major problem was the heat generated during the continuous operation of the system.... If you have special industrial casing (Like Pelco DX series DVRs have)....they are dam Good.

belive me our service center in india use to replace avarage 1 KSR every day!!jocks apart.

Have no experience with Geovision yet.

Kalp.