Sign in to follow this  
flasecurity

camera night quality

I just installed a Speco cvc-7705dnv camera and the day shot is great but the night is very white and hard to see anything. Does anyone have an recommendations as far as adjustments to get a better night picture?

Below are the day/night comparison.

Thanks

night.jpg.e54fe56129ad9d50cd0216c4f752424a.jpg

day.jpg.8bae74d0402dd805bdee46776db7a67e.jpg

Outside, suggest you use IR Camera, need true Day&Night, normal one has problem with color in Day, if you don't mind of that or you can use Ex-view CCD camera, this one more expensive, but has very good pictures for color and B/W in night.

forgot to tellyou that, this one not true Day&Night, you still can see the color on your first picture, and it already turn B/W. So, choose a Ture Day&night one.

a couple hours after posting the question about changing settings to get a better picture at night, someone burglarized a number of vehicles on my street including the SUV you see in the stills.. Fortunetly they didn't get anything from my vehicle but neighbors had a lot stolen. The quality is just not good enough to help. I thought it was a good camera but as you posted I don't understand why it isn't switching to black and white at night. Any ideas?

So bad news!

If that was Day&Night camera, should like that: Day time with color, Night with B&W, cause, in night not enough lights, just B&W can see clear, that is why your camera can not see clear in night, it still has color pixel.

So suggest you use IR Camera (but if has car through, that will has short time lose image), or True Day&Night, Ex-view CCD Camera, that has good work in night with B&W picture, save your lost.

Can you tell me some models that I should look for to obtain a clear good quality night picture?

Thanks

So bad news!

If that was Day&Night camera, should like that: Day time with color, Night with B&W, cause, in night not enough lights, just B&W can see clear, that is why your camera can not see clear in night, it still has color pixel.

So suggest you use IR Camera (but if has car through, that will has short time lose image), or True Day&Night, Ex-view CCD Camera, that has good work in night with B&W picture, save your lost.

looks like lens flare, do you have a strong light getting into the lens or maybe

the plastic housing ?

z

when i unscrew the housing covering the internal parts of the camera (includes the glass sheild) i get a much better picture at night. Could a glare/reflection be causing the camera to not switch to night mode?

looks like lens flare, do you have a strong light getting into the lens or maybe

the plastic housing ?

z

Why not add IR illuminator instead? This model of minidome has limitations on what it can see at night and with limited lighting conditions. Once you add IR illuminator, then you increase IR source, thus picture quality will improve.

I know that this is yet another piece of hardware you have to add, but it is better than changing with a different model unit...

I added IR...........works much better. got a super circuits special...

you'd think the price would bring quality but that is not true. I purchase a 7706 a few years back and was disappointed in both the daytime and night pics................for the money spent I could have done better......ie. Megapixel and natural motion lighting.

buyer beware........advertising and specs are always 50% or less than...