thewireguys

Iphone Apps for cctv and security systems

Also I have no problem viewing AXIS cameras on the Iphone. Vivotek will not work.

Do you know why that is? Vivotek claims 3G support.

Also I have no problem viewing AXIS cameras on the Iphone. Vivotek will not work.

Unless they've made radical changes to how they stream video in the last two months, they use an active-x control for viewing. Which isn't going to work on a Iphone.

The Vivotek Camera I have 6111 only supports IE nothing else. Im going to be that is why.

Unless they've made radical changes to how they stream video in the last two months, they use an active-x control for viewing. Which isn't going to work on a Iphone.

Oh, but no way to view it natively on the Iphone? This is what caught my attention on their IP7138 page:

Embedded with VIVOTEK VVTK-1000 SoC, it enables to deliver dual streams with different resolutions and video quality upon different devices simultaneously such as PC (MPEG-4 or MJPEG), or 3G cell phone (MPEG-4 only). In addition, the VIVOTEK IP7138 builds in a compact flash card slot for local storage in case of connection failure. It also supports 3GPP mobile surveillance, which enables users to monitor via 3G cell phones or any RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) compatible multimedia device on the go.

http://www.vivotek.com/products/cameras/network_camera_ip7138.php

The Vivotek Camera I have 6111 only supports IE nothing else. Im going to be that is why.

Oh, gotcha.

Oh, but no way to view it natively on the Iphone? This is what caught my attention on their IP7138 page:

Embedded with VIVOTEK VVTK-1000 SoC, it enables to deliver dual streams with different resolutions and video quality upon different devices simultaneously such as PC (MPEG-4 or MJPEG), or 3G cell phone (MPEG-4 only). In addition, the VIVOTEK IP7138 builds in a compact flash card slot for local storage in case of connection failure. It also supports 3GPP mobile surveillance, which enables users to monitor via 3G cell phones or any RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) compatible multimedia device on the go.

http://www.vivotek.com/products/cameras/network_camera_ip7138.php

Damned if I know then. Their SDK didn't mention it in the last revision I saw.

Hi, you can try EyeScope, it allows you to view live CCTV from i-phones, blackberry, symbian, java, windows, plam and android mobile phones. View up to 4 cameras at a time and even view recordings on the mobile. It works with USB webcams and most IP cameras from Axis, Vivotek, Y-Cam, A-Linking, Flexwatch, Panasonic, Bosch, D-Link, JVC, Sony and many more.

The broadcast application works on Windows & MAC OSX 10 and features plug n play technology so no ip or router configuration is required for remote acces. You can install this free on as many PC's as you like so you can monitor multiple sites & locations.

The mobile app works on i-phone, blackberry, symbian, palm, windows and android phones on 3G or GPRS connections. Pay for a single license to monitor unlimited sites. To view your camera all you have to do is enter the number generated by the PC application and thats all you need to connect to all 4 cameras at that site. Save multiple sites so you do not have to enter messy ip addresses to view video on the mobile.

See the BiKal website for full details, you can purchase from the securicorp website or in the USA, try Network IP CCTV

What do you use with the A series (video viewer) AVTech DVRs in regards to cellphone / PDA use?

I take it that you cannot use the Blackberry, or the Iphone with the A series DVRs.

Hey Securicorp!!

Where have you been???? Long time no hear from!!

What do you do? Do you only come to the forum every 6 months, or so?

Nice to see you again!

Hey Securicorp!!

Where have you been???? Long time no hear from!!

What do you do? Do you only come to the forum every 6 months, or so?

Nice to see you again!

Hi Scorpion, (I'm a scorpio ya know)

How are you? I do read the forum often as its good for tips, especially yours! just dont't get chance to contribute often. Just got back from Taiwan's SecuTech exibition, some good stuff out there but nothing drastically new.

The mobile phone access on AVTECH DVR has never been stable but not tried the new 3G version yet. We are now stocking a new DVR called EyeCatch, it has h.264 encoding that records full D1 on each channel to SATA HD, comes with a remote control and a DDNS account pre-built in for dynamic IP addresses. (user ID & Pswd supplied). Is also compatible with touch screen monitors. It has remote access via browser and AP as usual but you can also access live CCTV on iPhone, Blackberry, Symbian & Windows mobile phones. Have a quick peek at the video on

P.S PM me for a demo if you like (exclusive for Scorpion only)