chrislewis

480p or 576p CCTV cameras with BNC

Hi, I have been looking for progressive CCTV cameras for a while, and just can't find any non-ip cameras on the market.

I understand this is mostly because PAL is 576i, not 576p. However, there must be some progressive CCTV cameras on the market. Are there any?

BNC need not be used, S-Video is good, as well as RCA if necessary. Hybrid IP/Analogue cameras would be great, so long as the analogue output is progressive. (Don't suggest sony's SNC-CS10 because the BNC output is interlaced)

These will be used for a relatively unusual purpose: They will be strapped to the side of a 4WD inspection vehicle, to check exposed pipes for corrosion. Capture is done with 4 analogue framegrabbers and will be played back frame-by frame. Currently we are getting a lot of combing.

In the meantime, we have sourced nikon coolpix 5700 cameras. These are really digital cameras which seem to give a progressive AV output, which results in much higher quality pictures.

I hope I don't need to start hacking apart hybrid IP cameras to get this to work.

Supposing you found one how would you capture from it?

Normal capture cards are NTSC or PAL and hence interlace is part of the standard.

You won't find what you are looking for in CCTV. Progressive scan won't work with our switches and recorders so there isn't a market for them.

I'd suggest you google machine vision cameras. They are usually progressive scan and may be of use.

FYI the Pixim imager (used in cctv) may be progressive, pretty sure it is frame capture, but it then uses its electronics to produce an interlace output so still not of use to you but it makes me look real smart.

I've had this working with some nikon coolpix 5700s which appear to be frame-mode interlace (or 480p) so the problem is in the cameras.

Thanks for your input though guys, but at least now I have confirmation that what I'm looking for doesn't exist.