missing link

An-tone 4 channel installation?

Hello gang,

Ok,I have had this DVR for a good while now,I sidelined it because I wasn't having successful installation onto my computer. So I'm having another bash at it.

Firstly,I do suspect that it is the drivers in my computer that could be at fault,but could be wrong on that. I say that because I tried to install an Oregon ACT2K camera,that should have been plug and play,but wasn't installing.

Anyway,I have the installed the data from the disc that came with the An-tone DVR,and I plugged in the DVR via usb. It goes through the usual,"new hardware found" and then it shows the "Mass Storage device" etc. On the finally step the pop-up balloon states that the device was not installed properly.

When I switched on the computer this evening,a pop-up balloon appeared "Ports" and "New Hardware found" even though the DVR was not connected. So I connected everything and if you look at the pictures,it shows the process.

I would be most grateful on your advice.

759692359_dvrusb.jpg.da040e6220c1783ff35134dbd516252d.jpg

dvrInstall.thumb.jpg.b46bcf31b87723de70dc5f53614cd1a7.jpg

dvrInstall1.jpg.faf0ff2b07e83751110bbac39b767723.jpg

In general, USB ports on DVR systems are for backup, not for connecting to PCs directly. In order to connect to DVRs from your PC, you would use ethernet port.

aha..interesting. 3 years on,and I reply . I have bought another one similar but with labgear brand. The An-tone that I have,didn't like the polarity change that I mistaken done. So it fried a little mosfet chip on the board.