Larryb227

Installing a NV5000 from a NV3000 need help

I installed the 5000 boards and at the same time 4 port video expansion card. I installed the software went thru the many "continue" warnings with the Argus drivers. After the installation I started the NV DVR and video was there. I did not see any extra camera slots as expected due to the video expansion card.

I restarted the computer and a few errors came up with the drivers. I was from there unable to get video any longer.

Any ideas or has someone had the same problem. It seems the drivers don't load the second time due to the ID errors etc.

At the moment the system is down.

Thanks

LarryB

Uninstall the DVR software through the control panel, then delete the install folder. Then reinstall the software with the NV5000 installed.

Uninstall the DVR software through the control panel, then delete the install folder. Then reinstall the software with the NV5000 installed.

Appreciate that and it worked for the driver problem. Actually I had a PCI to PCI problem after this install and got rid of that with a delete and let it rebuild itself.

Now I have two more problems.

No video from the video extension card ( the 5 thru 8 buttons are not available or lighted.)

Can't connect via the remote site

I always could before this install. Router ports are ok, firewall is ok but on the internet using the statis ip address where it is suppose to download the remote DVR software, it doesn't and I can't ping that address.

The 5000 network setup looks ok.

Thanks

LarryB