So I have been using the Fujinon D/N lenses on cameras which do not have True D/N functionality. I am changing over to true D/N cameras well because they are better

My question is can these D/N lenses be used on a true D/N camera? Reading about the D/N Fujinon lens is that they allow more IR pass through and better for night camera view but a true Day/Night camera does this on it own so I'm wondering if I would just be making the camera worse off or because this lens is made for D/N this is the lens I should be using for true day night cameras?

Any experience with these lenses on a true day night camera?

Thanks.

Usually they mean IR corrected so when in night mode and using IR lighting you have less focus shift. You certainly do want to use a quality DN lens with a true day/night camera.

Thanks CollinR. Would you consider the Fujinon D/N lenses quality? They appear to have some good lenses and they are priced right from what I've seen.

The D/N tag is not always just about letting the IR wavelength in and correctly showing on the CCD, quite often the D/N range from some manufactorers have better elements...More Elements means better light transmission...however more elements means more expense.

The most important thing about the lense is its T Factor....IE it's ability to Transmit the wavelength without loss...grounding proceduces and quality of glass greatly reduces the abhorations that are commonly found on cheaper quality lenses, these abhorations afect the abilty to properflly focus the wavelengths to maximum effect