stealthyb

First Megapixel IP CCTV System Install

First off the forum has been great and after way too many hours of research I’d like to ask opinions on my home design before purchasing all the gear. Main areas of concern are day/night issues, lenses, and enclosures.

General Info:

I want the cameras to capture quality video day and night with high quality images to identify faces

Budget is under $3000

Annual ambient temperate range is 55-117F

Already pre-wired with Cat5E in select locations

DRIVEWAY

FOV: Capture anyone entering/leaving the front entry way, pulling into the driveway, or front yard area

Lighting: There are 2 motion sensitive coach lights on the garage (dim when no motion, bright when motion), however no street lights exist in the neighborhood

Proposed Solution:

Arecont 3130M placed under the eve on the corner of the roof point towards front entryway

Arecont 4â€

1. See the chart I have made myself. I spent WEEKS looking for lenses, resolutions, sending dozens of emails to manufacturers.

YES, lenses must be MEGAPIXEL. Not every lense will support 3mpix resolution and you will end up in blurry and foggy images.

You can find these lenses by searching google, just type in lense model number and online shops will come up.

2. Its called CS/C adapter ring if I`m not wrong. They do cost something like 8$.

3.You you are going to use IR illuminators, then you need IR sensitive lense. If you are going to use normal light, then you dont need IR lense.

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=18379880we5.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=33369025lb6.jpg

Good luck!

Most cameras come with that spacer ring(exrender) for the lens.

What I believe you need is a tri axel camera. That way you can mount it on ceilings or walls at any angle.

I want the cameras to capture quality video day and night with high quality images to identify faces

Please be aware that while mega pixel cameras will help, facial recognition is really a factor of camera placement.

Second, you'll want to really check the specs on low light ability. Most mega pixels have trouble with low light.

3130 is a shim not a cs/c..............should have come with the camera and lenses if you purchase together from someone who knows arecont cams.

shims work.......noticable details clear up more. I'm using the 4mm that came with it so I can't compare to other lenses.

take a look at the Axis 209 series...progressive scan maybe gtg? I'm going to buy it and see....it alos supports POE.

take a look at the Axis 209 series...progressive scan maybe gtg? I'm going to buy it and see....it alos supports POE.

The 209 is a very cool camera and it is a lot smaller then it looks in the pics. It will fit in the palm of your hand.

Also it is POE only and it does come with a 1 port midspan