DavidR

What Nework Cameras support GPRS modems or PCMCIA slots?

I'm working on a traffic monitoring system in Latin America. We need to get video feed from the cameras via GPRS, as there is no LAN infrastructure to work with. But there is a good Cell infrastructure.

Do any nework cameras support PCMCIA, so I could use a GPRS PCMCIA modem? Or is there another way to get the video feed onto GPRS?

What country?

I work mainly in the dominican repuiblic, Ecuador, Argentina, Bolivia, and Venezuela, and we have done similar projects, just tell me what country and who's the main cell providers over there adn I'll see what I can dig up.

I'm working on a traffic monitoring system in Latin America. We need to get video feed from the cameras via GPRS, as there is no LAN infrastructure to work with. But there is a good Cell infrastructure.

Do any nework cameras support PCMCIA, so I could use a GPRS PCMCIA modem? Or is there another way to get the video feed onto GPRS?

havent seen an actual camera that does this, as it would need a form of digital modem.

You just want to trasmit the video via cell phone is that right?

If so there are a couple manufacturers that make 1 channel - 16 channel boxes, such as OZ Line, and some others.

Yes, Linudix makes a 2-channel box with a PCMCIA slot. I'm checking with them now...

I have seen some cameras with PCMCIA slots. Talked with IQeye, they have a camera with PCMCIA slot, but they only have drivers for 802.11. No GPRS.

Any other thoughts welcome.

Yes, Linudix makes a 2-channel box with a PCMCIA slot. I'm checking with them now...

I have seen some cameras with PCMCIA slots. Talked with IQeye, they have a camera with PCMCIA slot, but they only have drivers for 802.11. No GPRS.

Any other thoughts welcome.

memocam also has them, but i though you might be talking about CCTV cameras?

Yeah, I'm talking about CCTV cameras. The one I saw that had a PCMCIA slot, that's IQEye, had 802.11 drivers but no GPRS drivers. So no joy there. We're investigating external options now. Linudix is looking good.

Yeah, I'm talking about CCTV cameras. The one I saw that had a PCMCIA slot, that's IQEye, had 802.11 drivers but no GPRS drivers. So no joy there. We're investigating external options now. Linudix is looking good.

yeah I looked at them, pretty cool.