dmor

Varifocal Lens Question

Are there any bullet type VF lenses out there that can be zoomed via card/pc?

thanks for any input on this.

No not really, there are bullets with digital zoom but I wouldn't pay extra for it.
Me and you BOTH!!!

Digital zoom is a very bad thing that was made to haunt CCTV security installers in their sleep!

As far as bullets with it the smallest I know I can get my hands on is about the size of a box camera and has the RS-485 to where you can adjust it via remote software/dvr... basically a ptz. But more of a Zoom camera only.

A still module if you would....

Thanks,

John

No not really, there are bullets with digital zoom but I wouldn't pay extra for it.
Me and you BOTH!!!

Digital zoom is a very bad thing that was made to haunt CCTV security installers in their sleep!

As far as bullets with it the smallest I know I can get my hands on is about the size of a box camera and has the RS-485 to where you can adjust it via remote software/dvr... basically a ptz. But more of a Zoom camera only.

A still module if you would....

Thanks,

John

Digital Zoom has a use. When I'm streaming multiple megapixel cameras to a client, and the resolution is reduced, then digital zoom is actually pretty cool. But the rest of the time...yeah it's bad.

Digital Zoom has a use. When I'm streaming multiple megapixel cameras to a client, and the resolution is reduced, then digital zoom is actually pretty cool. But the rest of the time...yeah it's bad.

As far as digital zoom goes not concerning megapixel cameras I apologize. I was thinking of with PTZ's and other items like a Zoom camera that has a 18x zoom (optical) and then a 10X digital, I typically show the customer that the optical zoom is far superior to the digital zoom.

With Megapixel cameras this train of thought may or may not always stand true tho, so I apologize for not making myself clear in the first post.

Thanks,

John

As far as digital zoom goes not concerning megapixel cameras I apologize. I was thinking of with PTZ's and other items like a Zoom camera that has a 18x zoom (optical) and then a 10X digital, I typically show the customer that the optical zoom is far superior to the digital zoom.

With Megapixel cameras this train of thought may or may not always stand true tho, so I apologize for not making myself clear in the first post.

Thanks,

John

Oh no, you were right, I was pointing out the tiny exception to the rule.