AlexB2

AVC 760 dwell time

I installed one month ago an AVTECH 760 dvr system. For the output, I connected also the call monitor to a second TV.

The problem is I cannot change from the DVR menu the dwell time. It is set for 2 seconds and I feel it is too short to see something on each camera.

Best regards,

Alex

Mine is the same way. You would think if it had the setting in the menu it would be adjustable, but I haven't found a way. There may be a firmware update that addresses that issue? But if not, it is to be expected that many features will be limited or absent from budget DVR's like the 760. I spent less money on the 760 then I spent on the hard drive I put in it...

The good news is the "loop out" of the DVR can be patched into a multiplexer with adjustable dwell. The bad news is the money probably could have been better spent on a higher grade DVR originally.

Thank you for your quick answer.

Unfortunately for 760 there is no firmware upgrade possible.

Thanks,

Alex

Page 4 of the Manual

Check to see if the top right hand button is SEQ (sequence).

Press SEQ to get out of the menu.

Page 20 of the Manual.

MENU BUTTON

ADVANCE

DISPLAY

Scroll down to

DWELL DURATION (SEC)

You can choose 2, 4, 8, or 16 seconds.

(newer AVTech DVR 3, 5, 10, or 15 seconds).

Press Left button.

Press Up button to change selection.

Press Menu to back out.

Let me know if that fixes your problem!

Edited by Guest

I tried the same procedure with the only difference that I put the DVR in "SEQ" mode using the video server.

The AVC760 is installed in a basement and the TV and Computer in another storey.

With the help of a friend and a telefone, I will try also the direct procedure using the AVC buttons.

Best regards,

Alex

With the Video Server are you saying that you could not press Menu then advance, then display then press left button, then the Up button to make changes?

I do not know why that would not work?

I was saying that I tested only the video server configuration mode:

I press the menu (on the videoserver button)

I choosed advanced then display,

then I went to dwell time but I wasn't able to select a different value than 2. I was able to make any other change in the manu.

What I didn't try was to use the AVC760 physical buttons because it is installed in the basement and the monitor (TV) is in first floor. I cannot see the monitor while I am pressing the button. I cannot move the monitor to the basement because the stairs are not completed yet - so I will try the physical buttons with the aid of a friend and a phone line. I will watch the monitor and say him what button to press.

Best regards,

Alex

Ah, got it. Thanks Scorpion!

Alex, you can do it remotely. When you have the dwell setting on screen and highlighted click on the + or - buttons on the lower left area of the video server software. (near the sequence button)

If you were trying it like me you were trying to change the default setting by clicking the enter button or toggle arrows in the lower right. (which works for changing most of the settings)

Thank you C7

Thank you scorpion

I tried to press the enter button or the up and down arrows but not the + or - sign.

Now is working!

Best wishes,

Alex

Those with the AVC 760A / 761A / Nubix 4ST (new releases) can use the AP to go to display, and there they have a drop down box for dwell.

It appears ( I have not confirmed it yet) that you can set dwell and have it go to quad screen and then to the next full screen sequence and back to quad and so forth in sequence.

Full Sequence Duration 3 sec

Quad Sequence Duration 3 sec

New Manual for AVC 760AS V0.9

Cut and Paste in to browser

http://eclipsecctv.info/DVR Systems/NubixST/Manuals Software/Nub4ST_manual.pdf