able1

DVR with Audio

Hello,

I am looking for some input on a DVR that would 16 channel video and 4 or 8 channel audio. Primary concern would be for ease of use or in other words end user friendly.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Les

Ok, Thanks. Concerning the Pelco DX8000. Has anyone here actully installed a unit and if so what is your opinion. Pro/Cons

Thanks.

As far as I know, its nothing special, uses windows 2000 and the PICO DVR cards. Yet they charge an arm and a leg for it.

Damm rory, you got that right. The worse card they could use, plus the GUI is a pain in the ass.

One thing is that the unit cost $ 7,500.00 WITHOUT the audio input

Send me an PM and I'll give you more details about the one that I carry.

hey herm, im only going by what others have posted that it uses that card, i may be wrong though ...

the ameba one looks good though .. especially for multiple audio.

Hey guys,

I don't know if this will be of any interest (it may not be available stateside) but I've just seen some info on a new DVR, the "Audio Darlex" manufactured by a UK company called Tecton. http://www.tecton.co.uk

> 20 Video inputs + > 14 Audio inputs (mic. input with built in phantom psu, or line level). It's a standalone and doesn't use Windows or Linux.

No idea on price. Any one used the standard Darlex?

interesting, dont know if that floppy disk one would ever take off over here though, since USB flash is more todays current market, who uses floppies anymore ;-0

The Darlex looks interesting also, though looks like it does what others such as Kalatel's DVMRe's do as well, except the audio thing you mentioned. Its good to see its not windows or linux based though, thats a plus all round.

any idea on the miniplex price though, the one with the floppy?

The DIGI series uses both flash media and a DVD--RW, I honestly prefer the DVR/RW since you could play it back into virtually any DVD player, try giving the cops a USB flash key to play back a video file, better yet, try using one in open court to show evidence of whatever crime has been comited.

dude, more computers are compatible with USB Flash than DVD ...

all computers have USB, and USB Flash comes in 4gb now also, and a lot cheaper..

Id go USB over DVD anyday ..

I dont know of any court that would have an entertainment center in it, but more than likely they will have a PC...

the only problem will be the cost of giving that USB Flash Key to the cops to maybe never see it agaain .. compared to the cost of a CD, so basically CD over DVD anyday .. then USB Flash .. for ease of back up .. it stays on your keychain ..

I knew Tecton had an excellent reputation for top end DVR's, but I've just managed to look up the trade price for the standard Darlex.

Trust me on this - you do not want to know

The lower level 9 channel Miniplex 300Gb is over £ 3k (roughly US$ 5500).

Quality, but at a price.

The only thing I would worry about with the flash is that the suckers are pretty fragile. The failure rate on those flash drives is not what I would consider good. For evidence, I would want two drives.

yeah I got 5 waterresistant ones here and a couple regular ones

failure rate on a CD though also is not low, you know scratch here scratch there ... though maybe thats just me ...