dmor

FPS - in - Post Your Tested PC

What is that referencing, and where do you get that info from. I would like to post my PC but don't know what is being referenced there.

regards

What is that referencing, and where do you get that info from. I would like to post my PC but don't know what is being referenced there.

regards

FPS is frames per second.

For a computer that can also be ... First Person Shooter (different subject).

But as far as FPS for a computer the Frames it's referring to is how good is it's framerate under a large amount of stress.

Best site I've found to explain all of this to someone is http://www.100fps.com/.

Great site!

Thanks for the site and the reply, however my question was not regarding the def. of fps, I just want to know were is it that you guys go to to read the fps numbers where they are later used to gauge how well the computer set up is doing.

For example, when I (remotely)use Multiview, and based on the resolution I use for viewing a camera I can see on the lower bottom right hand corner the live info that includes kbs/s, fps and others. This to me is on a remote system, do the numbers I am looking at reflect what the server system is capable off? Is this how you gauge the system or is there another way?

In addition, the folks that have listed the pc's they are using in that post also list their FPS. Where does that number come from and where do you find it?

regards

In addition, the folks that have listed the pc's they are using in that post also list their FPS. Where does that number come from and where do you find it?

regards

Sorry... I guess I'm not sure where you've seen this posted here concerning the fps. If you want to see a pc's fps www.fraps.com shows you a recording software that will give you a display of your fps in the bottom right corner.

I apologize but I felt that was what you are looking for can you show me where this was so I can point you in the best direction I can think of.

God... I hope scorpion don't see that I have failed you!

regards

Sorry... I guess I'm not sure where you've seen this posted here concerning the fps. If you want to see a pc's fps www.fraps.com shows you a recording software that will give you a display of your fps in the bottom right corner.

I apologize but I felt that was what you are looking for can you show me where this was so I can point you in the best direction I can think of.

God... I hope scorpion don't see that I have failed you!

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8059

Take a look at this post. Most replies are listing the FPS.

I guess none of you that have listed the fps from their tested PC's know where the numbers came from?

I guess none of you that have listed the fps from their tested PC's know where the numbers came from?

Why not post in the thread asking? (Now that I know what you're referring to)

I think that FPS is showing what each camera is recording at and being viewed as. There's a frame rate that the cameras can be viewed at and I think their simply listing it.

Thanks,

John

FPS can either be set manually for each camera *max fps* or in the case of that thread it is possible they are just listing the total specified fps for that card.

Has anyone ever gotten the more than 10 FPS accross 16 cams with a GV-1480 because I have not even come close. I have several setups.

1)intel 945 chipset, 2.4ghz core 2 duo 533FSB, 2GIG DDR2 533mhz, 500GB SATA2

2) intel 965 chipset, 2.4ghz core 2 duo 800FSB, 2GIG DDR2 800mhz, 1TB SATA2

2) intel G31 chipset, 3.0ghz core 2 duo 1333FSB, 2GIG DDR2 800mhz, 1TB SATA2 x 4

I even tried the PCIe GV 1480.. Never has it looked like more that 5 FPS.

I tried letting the system manage the frames and I also set the max FPS and nothing improved about what looks like 5FPS at best.

Anyone have better luck than me?

You can have a look at this table when using Mpeg4ASP, this is theoretical max output you get from the Geovision cards. The testing was done some years ago, so it may have change since then but it will give you an idea anyway!

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7223&highlight=

If you want realtime/fullmotion they have the GV-2008/2004 cards!

Best Regards

JD

Has anyone ever gotten the more than 10 FPS accross 16 cams with a GV-1480 because I have not even come close. I have several setups.

1)intel 945 chipset, 2.4ghz core 2 duo 533FSB, 2GIG DDR2 533mhz, 500GB SATA2

2) intel 965 chipset, 2.4ghz core 2 duo 800FSB, 2GIG DDR2 800mhz, 1TB SATA2

2) intel G31 chipset, 3.0ghz core 2 duo 1333FSB, 2GIG DDR2 800mhz, 1TB SATA2 x 4

I even tried the PCIe GV 1480.. Never has it looked like more that 5 FPS.

I tried letting the system manage the frames and I also set the max FPS and nothing improved about what looks like 5FPS at best.

Anyone have better luck than me?