daniellaw

cctv connected to TV using coaxial but nothing came out

Hi there,

I am absolutely newbie to cctv. Recently I just bought a AVtech 760 dvr with 4 IR camera. After connected everything, (each camera to an inout behind the dvr and a coaxial from dvr to a normal TV) nothing comes out? May I know whether there is any trick in between?

Also, When I switch on the DVR there is a beep sounds for a start and then half way through (around another 2-3 min) another beep sounds goes off (sounds like a warning sound), could it be that my DVR is faulty?

Coaxial from the DVR to a normal TV? Where on the TV? If it's to the CATV input, it won't work. it has to connect to the composite in for the TV.

Coaxial from the DVR to a normal TV? Where on the TV? If it's to the CATV input, it won't work. it has to connect to the composite in for the TV.

Does it mean that I have to connect a cable with composite end at one side and cctv head on the dvr? or is there any sort of head changer that i should use?

You can use coax cable, with the appropriate connector to the TV. I am assuming the DVR has a BNC for it's video output:

87537_1.jpg

If your cable has the bnc on both ends, you'll need an adapter like this:

t_10024.jpg

And plugs into the back of the TV, into a composite in (usually a yellow plug):

connectcamtv2.jpg

If you don’t have the composite connectors on your TV that Sir Flannel points out I, believe you can use an RF Modulator between your DVR and the TV. You can find a RF modulator at a place like Radio Shack for example.