DanKiely

Kalatel Cyberdomes and Sensormatic?

I have a sensormatic speed dome system and recently was given some Kalatel GE cyberdome cameras.

Is there any way to integrate these into a sensormatic system? protocol converters or something?

Would this help me out?

www dot sennetech dot net/manuals_pdf/SCT-100/sct-100-kalatel-sensormatic-v11.pdf

Anyone use one of these?

I've got a couple of these cameras and really want to get them up for an investigation i'm running. any help would be great

I have a sensormatic speed dome system and recently was given some Kalatel GE cyberdome cameras.

Is there any way to integrate these into a sensormatic system? protocol converters or something?

Which Sensormatic matrix switch are you using?

Would this help me out?

www dot sennetech dot net/manuals_pdf/SCT-100/sct-100-kalatel-sensormatic-v11.pdf

Anyone use one of these?

I've got a couple of these cameras and really want to get them up for an investigation i'm running. any help would be great

Sennetech makes converters for various type of domes vs. matrix switch protocols... I will not recommend it yet...

Dependent which Sensormatic switch that you may have, there is a fairly good chance that you can control GE Cyberdomes... and without any converters....

Sennetech makes converters for various type of domes vs. matrix switch protocols... I will not recommend it yet...

Dependent which Sensormatic switch that you may have, there is a fairly good chance that you can control GE Cyberdomes... and without any converters....

I think its called the ADTTE touch tracker controller. Its black with a small blue joystick button between the zoom and focus buttons

What you need is a PIT Converter I think it stands for (Protocol Interface Translator), it takes one protocol and changes it to another....I dont know the domes you are using or if you are using a matrix, but I would also check that the firmware of your dome does not support Pelco as well....a lot of domes these days support it...IE you can buy a Bosch Autodome and flick a dip switch to make it a Pelco Protocol.

I think its called the ADTTE touch tracker controller. Its black with a small blue joystick button between the zoom and focus buttons

Well, all you have is the ADTT16E touchtracker, which can control up to 16 ultradome cameras... If you have ADTTE, then you also should have matrix switch... Which one is it?

The reason is that if you have a matrix switch and dependent which one, you can assign the cyberdome to work with Pelco D protocol, which certain Sensormatic matrix switches will recognize... However, if you have only a keyboard, ADTT16E), then you must get the code converter from Sennetech... OR...

Here is what I suggest you do... consider American Dynamics ADMPLT16 matrix switch, which will work with your ADTTE keyboard. I do not have the time to check, but something tells me that this matrix switch works with S-NET, RS485, RS262 and I think also Pelco D... The pricing should be lower than the converter from Sennetech... Give AD tech support a call and ask them if ADMPLT16 works with Pelco D protocol... If so, then you are home free... as I know that GE Cyberdomes can be configured to operate with various communication protocols, including Pelco D

Here is AD tech support number (800-507-6268 and then #2

i;m not sure exactly what the matrix switch is, but I have a jbox and an EIM box connected.

Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean by EIM box...

Matrix switch is a gadget that allows you to combine and control number of cameras and domes using single or multiple keyboards... Here is what it may look like:

http://americandynamics.net/products/matrix_MegaPower_LT.aspx

If you do not have matrix switch, then what you have is ADTT16E keyboard that is directly connected to your domes via S-Net data connection (or protocol is what AD likes to use).

If you have an EIM (small beige box, with DB9 connector and RJ-45)

then you for sure have an ADTT16E

that puts out sensornet and sensornet only.

I can't think of a setup where it would work.

Val,

American Dynamics