famboozled

Elbex EXS142 BNC to F Connector

first post, thanks for the forum.

Is a modulated video BNC output signal from the Elbex EXS142 switcher something special or can it be used on a standard LCD TV via the F Connector input?

If I use an adapter from BNC to an F Connector can I use this units modulated video output on an LCD Panel?

Or should I adapt BNC to RCA for the composite input?

If so what channel will this modulate on and how to confirgure in the EXS142?

Currently configured BNC to BNC on an ancient dedicated B&W CRT which i want to get rid of.....

Thanks in advance, thought i would ask before i smoked tested this equipment.

Mike.

the answer to your question is multi layered,, if the switcher is for video only then you should be fine placing the bnc to F connector. However if you see any signal degradation then you must remember the hertz difference between cctv video and tv video. on a short run from the switcher to the tv you should be fine. as for programing the switcher if the switcher is for multiple system inputs and requires the channel from the switcher to have a specific channel, then yes you will need to program that unit. not sure on the product model you placed. so i take it you do not use cable on the tv you are placing this on..shoudnt matter weather or not its lcd or not. good luck