predexinc

Port Forwarding, Remote Viewing, DDNS

I have read though this forum, posts from people with similar issues. Checked all that was said there and still have a problem:

Set up client software on laptop, direct wired to system. Changed default port to 880 on system and in client software. Setup Dyndns to correct port and ip addy. Opened port 880 on Linksys WRT54GS router.

Dyndns reroute hasn't worked yet.

Remote viewing worked fine on 1st day wired directly to system, writed through router, over wireless and using air card. Opened the cameras with client app and through IE browser. Day 2, however, I get NOTHING. When I test using Dyndns Open Port 880 is not open. Tried changing it to other ports on system and in router, still nothing.

Called Comcast and they said only port sometimes blocked is 25. Read these forums and changed to TCP only, tried DMZ, nothing.

A bit of a confusing post. All I can suggest is that these lines caught my attention:

> Setup Dyndns to correct port and ip addy. (there is no port or IP in setup of DDNS)

> Dyndns reroute hasn't worked yet. (well, then that's the problem with the DDNS side of things

> tried DMZ, nothing. (have you checked the network and gateway IP's on your DVR, typically something like 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.1.1)

Keep trying, the only related problem I sometimes run into is that the DNS changes do not propagate as fast as I would like and there is sometimes a delay in the access via the dyndns.org hostname.

For a better answer you might want to simply list all the relevant settings you have made (perhaps we should have a standard form!) and most people who know this stuff would spot the mistake immediately.

Like Kiwi posted - make sure the subnet and gateway are correct in the DVR. Also, log into DynDns from a local computer to make sure the auto detect for the external ip address is correct. Also make sure the DVR is not using DHCP and that the ip address is static on the machine. Finally, see that the router is set to automatically update the ip address daily in DDNS because Comcast will randomly change your ip address. Good Luck-

ok, it won't let me post the settings until i have at least 5 posts in the system... is this 2 or three?

server ip: 192.168.1.10

gateway: 192.168.1.1

net mask: 255.255.255.0

dns: 24.0.100.150

web port: 880

open port shows 80, 880 anything i try closed

router has port 880 set to 192.168.1.10

Edited by Guest

nevermind, rechecked all cables and plugs and SOMEONE *looking over my shoulder* must have disconnected dvr from net

Thank you guys for all your help!

nevermind, rechecked all cables and plugs and SOMEONE *looking over my shoulder* must have disconnected dvr from net

Thank you guys for all your help!