xmj

avtech avc 760 system became unstable

I recently just found it for my grocery store. I assume the installation was done correctly. The sytem starts, records and play for roughly 1 hour. Then a loud beep occurs and system tries to restart but doesn't do so. The lights are on but nothing is on screen. I unplug the power and wait roughly 5 mins and the system would run fine for another 15 mins or so. I tried running the system without a HD and it would still have the same result.

I'm going to try to reset it. I have no idea how to swap out the power supply. Thanks for your quick response.

That sounds like a power supply issue.

It could be the power adapter, or it could be internal.

If the adapter goes bad it can blow the internal power supply as well.

You will need to get another power adapter to see if that brings it up to life, or not.

Almost without doubt your hard disk is overheating causing read/write errors and the unit is restarting to in an attempt to correct it. I've seen the same problem on my 782.

To test this, just run it with the cover removed.

I fixed mine by installing a fan directly under the hard disk.

it is not a harddrive issue. I said it before that I've ran it without a hard drive inside and get the same result.

If the reset did not work and it is still failing, I really think the power needs to be switched out. if you can't do it, you may have to return to the factory.