Paolino

My first AVC760: many questions...

Hallo everybody,

yesterday I've bought my first Avtech AVC760 (version #3). I've read many times this forum and the wonderful scorpion's site, so I decided for this model.

I live in Italy, that means PAL, and my recording values are: CIF: 352*288 - Frame: 720*576. Firmware: 2.0.2.0

I've many questions...:

1) First of all: I can't delete any recording, isn't it? Why?

The problem, for me, is that with motion detection I've many "false alarms" and I'd like to remove them. I suppose it isn't possible.

2) When I press the play button and the playback starts, which recording is shown? The last ones? Can I switch among the "markers" of the recordings or should I navigate in the long "tape" of the DVR?

3) When I choose "Frame" the DVR records the single channel, but when I choose "CIF" it records a 720*576 frame divided in the 4 channels ! All the 4 channels are recorded, so if ch.2 has triggered the motion, all the others are recorded as well. If I set "Frame" instead, the DVR records the single channels.

That means a very different behavour of the DVR.

4) The ftp alarm: the DVR makes only a snapshot of the screen: the file uploaded is a 320*276 jpg with everithing of the "moment" (OSD, aspect, ...). I'd like to upload the single channel of the motion detection, so I tried to activate the "sequence" and it works sometimes...

I read that the ftp alarm makes a backup of the video in the path. It's so? I can't see them anywhere.

5) Cant' I see in the HDD list the dimension, duration of the recordings?

6) My camera records an entry door in backlight. I must choose the motion values correctly to avoid as many false alarms as possible. Have you a link to explain in depth some values of them?

SS: means the dimension of the object that triggers the alarm?

RI: is the movment of the object?

Many questions I know... thanks in advance.

1. Imagine you own a business, and your employee erased the video everytime you leave as he does what he is not supposed to do such as drinking on the job, stealing money, or bringing his girlfriend behind the counter, or employee area.

Save the video that you want to an archive, and let the video over write itself.

2. Yes the last recorded video is shown. For other option press the SEARCH BUTTON.

HDD-MASTER-1

FULL LIST

RECORD LIST

SYSTEM LIST

ALARM LIST

MOTION LIST

EVENT SEARCH

TIME SEARCH

Now choose how you want to find your video. Do you want to enter a date, and time, or would you like to go through the motion event list, or some other choice?

4. Page 38

FTP

When the recording is triggered by an

alarm or a motion, a video copy file

can be captured. And the DVR will

upload the captured images to the

assigned FTP site.

Enter the detailed FTP information.

***Note***:

To activate the FTP notification

function, please enable the function

of FTP notification in the “Alarmâ€