robert

AV1300DN image quality problem

I have installed AV1300DN with Computar H2Z0414C-MP lense. But the picture quality is very low. See images. They are from live view from Arecont Vision software.

Also, there was a hex nut key with camera. I can see that there are 2 holes for it. What to do with that?

Please help

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20958190dc2.jpg

http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=75902106gd8.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=94252399ra0.jpg

Gee... it doesn't look that bad, keep in mind that in at least one of those shots your camera is looking at a pretty wide dynamic range.

The hex key is probably to allow you to adjust the backfocus ring...to set back focus on the camera...but unless your nightime images look fuzzy I would leave it alone

The hex key is probably to allow you to adjust the backfocus ring...to set back focus on the camera...but unless your nightime images look fuzzy I would leave it alone

I can unscrew two bolts with that key, but what to do next? What and where to move, turn etc?

I would have to agree. I don't think it looks bad at all, I wish we could get crisp looking pictures like that in the analog world

Can you post snapshot from analog camera?

In my opinion the second and third picture is not in focus, its not sharp and cripst. Lookt quite rubish

Can you post snapshot from analog camera?

In my opinion the second and third picture is not in focus, its not sharp and cripst. Lookt quite rubish

I agree they look a little out of wack, but otherwise the overall size and quality ratio is still very good. here is an example of a color bullet camera, raw video using AmCap (no compression, at least with the video). Keep in mind though this is not a high res CCTV camera, it is 380TVL or 512x492 pixels, and set to 720x480. Ofcourse the video looks a little better than this screenshot though but not by much.

AmCap.jpg

Rory, can you post snapshot from some very good analog camera? Well, 800$ worth analog camera as AV1300DN cost close to that.

I think problem is in that bloody varifocal lense, its so hard to focus it. I cant turn by hand for some 1/10mm to focus it

No wonder German company Mobotix does not have ANY varifocal lenses, only full range of fixed.

i dont have any to upload right now, but yours have alot of pixels to work with, see a couple edited versions below:

720x - Sharpened

88881_1.jpg

88881_2.jpg

Rory,

I think you just gave me an idea Maybe I have to play around with Sharpness settings The first one now looks SO much better when sharp.

What software you used to sharpen these up ?

i just opened it in paint shop pro 7, resized to 720 width, and selected "Sharpen More", then one single "Sharpen". The second image i used "Sharpen More" twice.

the other image, not quite as good but still better:

(sharpened more X 2 then brightness up + 20)

88885_1.jpg

woow, what a great change!

I will try to play with sharpness settings then, I really hope that it will sort out this problem. If not - customer wont be happy

Also check any compression settings they might have. Almost looks as its 1.2 megapixel but shrunk down to 720x480 then resized back up to 1.2Mp, since its decent quality at 720x480 even before sharpening it.

Also check any compression settings they might have. Almost looks as its 1.2 megapixel but shrunk down to 720x480 then resized back up to 1.2Mp, since its decent quality at 720x480 even before sharpening it.

I haven`t bought software yet, can decide which - native Arecont, Luxriot or exacqVision.

I installed Luxriot Demo, but I have blue noise going across all 3 cameras. With Arecont all good.

But I can still use Arecont software, it just cannot record without license.

Robert, did you try closing the Iris a tiny bit ?

I assume you have it wide open.

you might get a slight better depth of field and better focus when its bright.

otherwise I agree with the others, image not that bad.

Robert, did you try closing the Iris a tiny bit ?

I assume you have it wide open.

you might get a slight better depth of field and better focus when its bright.

otherwise I agree with the others, image not that bad.

No I haven`t tried, its fully open. Thank, will try.

But I can still use Arecont software, it just cannot record without license.

Send them the MAC addresses and they should send back license files for the three cameras, they are (at least "were") free. Not that the Arecont SW is anything special.

The pics look fine to me, as mentioned depth of focus could be improved with a slight iris stopdown, but I don't get any better pics out of my 3130. They are not even close to the quality of a consumer point-and-shoot digital camera. But what you do get is a camera you can leave on 24 hrs a day and it should last for years.

Don't get too carried away with increasing the camera's sharpness parameter. When the picture gets noisy (at night) it may be better without too much.

Send them the MAC addresses and they should send back license files for the three cameras, they are (at least "were") free. Not that the Arecont SW is anything special.

Licenses are not free, they cost 50$ per camera.

Older ver software let u use 1 cam for free

rec incl

rec incl

In Russia for example software comes for free with camera

I bought from US and I have to buy software separately.

rec incl

Can I get ru copy please

"free with camera means 1 lic free or for all ? "

Can I get ru copy please

I can`t get you one as I`m not located in Russia. I dont know how it works exactly there, but they don`t buy licenses, they come with camera. I assume every camera comes with one license.

Can I get ru copy please

I can`t get you one as I`m not located in Russia. I dont know how it works exactly there, but they don`t buy licenses, they come with camera. I assume every camera comes with one license.

ok got it

make sense

otherwise they would hack anyway