Sign in to follow this  
deathcharge

Motion Flood Light Question ???

Well I bought this camera off ebay :

led night IR camera Sony CCD 540 TVL 6 15 mm Lenses c35

If you search for that on ebay , it comes right up. I tried posting the link but as I am new to the forum, I am not allowed.

The daytime picture is pretty good. And what I was afraid of, pitch black night time visibility is useless just about. I have the camera mounted up in a tree looking down at a mailbox being vandalized about maybe 30 feet away. I can see the newpaper box slightly thats basically it!

My questions is does a motion floodlight out there exist that is animal immune and vehicle immune? I'm pretty sure the people are on foot. I just don't want the floodlight going off every single time a car goes up or down the road

Please any suggestions?

Thank you

None that I know of and if it was it would be vandal immune also. You need to find one or try to limmit the amount it picks up the street if possible. the problem is this also limits the area the vandals will need to be in to trigger it for your picture, and unless you have very cooperative vandals (rare, or they wouldn't be vandals) you won't get them either. Can you limit their access to your mailbox so they have to trigger the light and camera?

That's a really interesting idea. A shock senstive floodlight; that would be perfect. Could you provide any direction as to how I might be able build this.

Any type of shock sensor?

And what type of relays?

Thank you!

Optex DCL-450 combo light/cam has worked for me as well the VX-402 - has two PIRs you can configure a limited detection range... it has a layered detection pattern that can be tweaked to create discrimination of objects in the detection area to your requirements. I used one for a pedestrian gate install together with a auto gate and needed to limit the car traffic trigger (triggers a interior audible alarm and activate DVR rec) Buried sensors can work as well. Check out Optex and other PIR cos, there are quite a few products some pricey but some are well within a small budget that you can target. These products if you take the time and effort to set up can be very reliable although not 100%.